Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada
Quote | Reply
My wife bought me a 2019 IA 16 in February from a Canadian bike store that went out of business.

I'm struggling to find the 4mm threaded nut that goes inside the Felt Bayonet aerobar

The Felt US website shows the part as available for purchase but they wouldn't sell to Canada https://feltbicycles.com/collections/triathlon-aerobars-basebars/products/bayonet-3-double-threaded-nut

I contacted Felt Canada and they said I needed to talk to the local Felt dealers. The Felt website shows three dealers in my city and only one replied back to me, and they seem to be trying to help me get that piece from the spare parts department. I'm crossing fingers they can get it.

Have you had any success in getting Felt parts in Canada?

By the way, I also need the M6 x 20mm low-head bolts. I thought these should be fairly available in hardware stores, but I haven't found them yet. I want to assume any bike store should have these, right?

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [SlowPig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the threaded nut in the top picture but any good hardware store should have those bolts. I had to replace mine when they stripped on the B2 and brought the bolts into a shop and found what I needed. Bike shops won’t have them but you should be able to get them from a hardware store especially if you can bring the part you need replacing in.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found a good place to search for variety of SS bolts\screws is a good marine supply dealer. Around here it would be West Marine.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [SlowPig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you in Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Where are you in Canada?

In Calgary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked for the bolts at Home Depot?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got everything from Bolt Depot or by contacting FELT directly. Felt sent them to me for free (and a free pair of socks)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to help my Northern friend! If your LBS can't get, I can send some to you. DM me or email: abbikefit@gmail.com
I have the 'dogbone' double threaded fitments you need.

The M5x20 socket cap bolts are relatively easy to find lmk if you need them too.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This enrages me.

Why would I waste my LBS time and effort, plus the time to travel and pick up from the LBS, for a $2 part? No margin for them.
Bike manufacturers need to get their shit together for easy purchase of propietary replacement parts.
I've had this problem with Cervelo and Argon 18.

I have had some luck with bolt supply stores for certain parts.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
Happy to help my Northern friend! If your LBS can't get, I can send some to you. DM me or email: abbikefit@gmail.com
I have the 'dogbone' double threaded fitments you need.

The M5x20 socket cap bolts are relatively easy to find lmk if you need them too.

Thanks Anne for the offer. The team at the local bike store Ridley's Cycle has graciously offered to get the pieces
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
This enrages me.

Why would I waste my LBS time and effort, plus the time to travel and pick up from the LBS, for a $2 part? No margin for them.
Bike manufacturers need to get their shit together for easy purchase of propietary replacement parts.
I've had this problem with Cervelo and Argon 18.

I have had some luck with bolt supply stores for certain parts.

Yeah, it's such a waste of time and energy. I agree manufacturers should ensure that spare parts are easily available in all the countries where they sell their bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet threaded nuts are hard to find in Canada [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, and topic of much discussion in our little bike fit world. Proprietary, especially a pre-built bike (Canyon, etc) can mean murderous labor charges *just* to remove some spacers.

I cannot access parts at wholesale from many major brands as I'm not a dealer, so it's upon the client to get the part. I'm not crying about losing margin, but if I can save them a trip anywhere by having 'that specific thing' that is good. Like Shiv riser parts (see thread elsewhere), or the special seatmast cutting guide to cut down Look ISP masts. Forbid it be a part that is more than 3-4yrs old as they probably don't even make it anymore.

Prior to Rossignol buying Felt, the dogbone part wasn't even an aftermarket part available at all - my sales rep slipped a couple dozen to me in an envelope (from his desk drawer!). That part just doesn't exist at all in the world of fasteners, there is no substitute.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply