Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego Group Rides
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be in Spring Valley for the next 3-4 weeks and looking to see if there are any clubs to ride with. I ran into one person who said Performance had a club ride, but this person was more of the casual rider type - from appearances at least.

I've heard of a couple groups in San Diego proper (I forget whom), but curious if there is also anything out east. When I am visiting I normally ride the West Loop/ Otay Lakes and see groups riding. But I am not sure where they start.

I'm also not sure if anyone is doing group rides currently, but we have been riding here.

Thanks in advanced!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Group Rides [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flojos revival. 8:30 am every sunday

https://www.facebook.com/groups/312571275824353/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out PPSD on Strava. They are South Bay based. Their president Casey is a good guy and could also give you information on other groups. Not sure how large the rides are now as I am not doing group rides until this crap is over.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Group Rides [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pedals and pints not holding rides. the one i recommended is the only on going ride in the area. Also there is the wednesday night crit series put on by padyak racing team (PRT)

so this sunday they are doing womens focused ride (some of these women can drop guys). 8:30am 55 telegraph canyon rd mcdonalds. picnic after at otay lakes park
Last edited by: synthetic: Aug 4, 20 12:09
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Group Rides [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for clearing that up.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Group Rides [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! A couple of questions: are new comers welcome? Can I just show up? How far do they typically go. Is it a hammer-fest or tempo pace? Drop/ no drop?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes its a hammer fest. 15 miles out and back. just show up.
Quote Reply