Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Question: Route distance and completion
Quote | Reply
Sometimes i would choose a route to complete. Specifically yesterday i chose "Muir and the Mountain" on Watopia. The Z app indicates Muir and the Mountain is 34.1 km. When i started the ride, the "odometer" started at 0 km. So by the time i hit 34.1km or shortly after i would anticipate the screen to notify me that i completed the route. It wasn't until 38.8 km that the screen said i completed. So it is over 4.5 km more than the indicated 34.1 km.

So my question...should i always expect a few km extra to officially complete any route? In other routes, the actual distance to officially complete is often quite close to the distance indicated (within one km). I am just trying to understand so i know what to expect. I almost quit at 35th or 36th km thinking something is wrong with my software.

thanx in advance for the clarification...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question: Route distance and completion [GHY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the routes on Zwift have a lead-in segment. If you go to Zwift Insider you can get the details on all the routes.

https://zwiftinsider.com/routes/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As said above, there is typically a lead-in to the route, some of them are quite long.

Usually you will actually start the route and end the route at some sort of archway or other marker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you're after is ZwiftHub.com

It lists all the routes, distances... and the lead-ins. Watch for the Highline on NY. 10.5km route with a 10km lead-in. Also watch for both Lutscher routes.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The lead in can be a pain if you want to ride all routes. Especially for the Lutscher and Lutscher CCW the climb is part of the lead in, which is fine when you just want to ride of course. You can avoid this by organizing a meet-up and just ride yourself, then you start just before the KOM banner.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question: Route distance and completion [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
What you're after is ZwiftHub.com

It lists all the routes, distances... and the lead-ins. Watch for the Highline on NY. 10.5km route with a 10km lead-in. Also watch for both Lutscher routes.
+1 https://zwifthub.com/

Janyne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so this has been an ongoing subject of confusion, and I'm trying to get us to take a step back and do some work to address a lot of the bad UX with this feature, which is otherwise really fun. Short term, I want to provide both a progress bar for new routes (where you don't have the achievement) and also put an identifier in the route selection screen indicating which routes you don't have the achievements for.

Until then, though, let me me give some tips.

Pretty much EVERY route in Zwift starts and ends *under an arch.* ALMOST EVERY route starts and ends under the SAME ARCH. There are a few point-to-point routes which don't start and end at the same arch (and which also don't start at an arch).

Road To Sky doesn't start at an arch; ends at the Alpe arch
Tour of Fire & Ice starts at the Volcano Circuit arch and ends at the Alpe arch
Quatch Quest starts at the Titan's Grove arch and ends at the Alpe arch

There are some other point-to-point courses, but those are the big ones (and the ones where not getting the achievement sucks the most).

But the biggest thing to remember is that pretty much ALL routes END at an arch. So, ride to the arch and NOT to the "distance" of the route. There are some routes where the distance to the start (aka "lead in") is a fairly long way. It's important to remember that the LISTED lead-in you may see IS ONLY FOR EVENTS. Because only in events do you start at the exact same spot. And some routes do have pretty long lead ins (Classique and Highline both come to mind, but there are others). In the case of routes with long lead ins, make sure you complete one LOOP - meaning arch-to-arch.

But the TL;DR is really "ride until the arch." Hopefully this helps until we can get some improved UI out there.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question: Route distance and completion [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for weighing in on this Jordan and for talking about the arches. It's also good to have the other link for Zwift hub which I was unaware of until today. For me, the progress bar would be a great addition. I'm a relatively new rider to Zwift (May or June of this year) I rode the Out and Back Again course last Saturday, only to have the system freeze on me while doing the Volcano KOM (about 7 minutes in). When I was able to relaunch Zwift, the system asked if I wanted to resume my ride which I did. My rider literally flew into a different area than the Volcano KOM and I had no idea where I was and how far I needed to go to complete the course and obtain the XPs for the ride. I rode until I hit the 45km mark (the course distance is 39.9km) and hit the end ride button. Zwift then proceeded to show that I was probably 1-2k from the finish. Aaarrgghh. If I had known that during the ride, I would have definitely kept going.

I ended up riding the same course on Sunday to get the XP. The course length was 42.5k in total distance.

That progress bar would have been great to see last Saturday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan, I did fine getting the bulk of my routes this winter/spring with the “ride to the arch” plan.

However, now that I am repeating routes that are a bit long that I like and already have the badge on (Big Foot Hills, Petit Boucle, London Pretzel) I really miss seeing the blue banner at the end - it was such a motivator and validation! Would love to see the banner every time not just when I get the badge - or have something like the 25x up the Alpe for other routes.

Anyways thanks and Ride On!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question: Route distance and completion [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brando wrote:
Hi Jordan, I did fine getting the bulk of my routes this winter/spring with the “ride to the arch” plan.

However, now that I am repeating routes that are a bit long that I like and already have the badge on (Big Foot Hills, Petit Boucle, London Pretzel) I really miss seeing the blue banner at the end - it was such a motivator and validation! Would love to see the banner every time not just when I get the badge - or have something like the 25x up the Alpe for other routes.

Anyways thanks and Ride On!

we have something along these lines planned... route-related achievements are super fun. Hope to clean up this feature and add some more similar ones. Really glad you are enjoying!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome, thanks!
Quote Reply