Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is your partner supportive? [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. My partner is very supportive. And I’m the same for her.

We have both lost a lot of weight together. In the beginning we were doing most of our training together, but after we got to way different performance levels and have a big difference in goals, we both found other training partners.

I am still fully supportive for her training and racing though. And she’s the same for me.

I would never have a problem with going out to her races. In the matter of fact, I enjoy helping her and cheering for her. And she’s also with me to almost all my races.

I’m really happy for the kind of relationship we have, where training, food and go to sleep early haves a high priority.

Guess I’m a very lucky man when I’m getting married to her this Saturday! 🤓

Morten Falk Størling
Blog l Instagram l Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Furiosa wrote:
Yesterday I had the pleasure of crewing for 4 women who completed their first 50k ultra run. They are not fast, but they got it done.
One woman's husband was also crewing and he was all in. Two of the women's husbands actually got pissed that they had to wait around at the end while the women did a couple of loops around the park to get their last 2km in, and one woman was barely given time to do a little post-run champagne celebration before her spouse insisted they leave. I didn't hear any words of celebration or encouragement from these guys and I was just shocked. Even if a partner doesn't understand why you do that thing you are so passionate about, they should still support you.

Is your partner awesome or a dud when it comes to supporting your races? Maybe these guys are just an anomaly, but it was sad to see how they were not interested in celebrating their partner's success.

I find this really sad and I feel for the ladies. A partner or spouse can show support whether they race or not (and mine doesn’t race but comes to my races and cheers me on - which I’m so thankful for). Not all couples must have the same interests but what they must have is respect for their partner inc their goals and achievements. I’m not sure if these husbands do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Support here goes both ways. GF and I compete (well, participate) in SwimRuns as well as trail running, cycling, triathlon, pool competition, etc. She's a beast and I'll do anything to support her endeavors as she does for me. For the most part she is faster than me. Right now, I'm the better swimmer, but that isn't always the case, and we might be equal on the bike, but she kills it running. Her next endeavor is the Bulldog 50k trail run in the Santa Monica mountains. I might just do the the first 25k loop of the course then support her on the second loop, via bike, or something. It's not all planned out yet. I'm not up for the full 50k. We just did the Tough Mugu 25k. Very tough! She beat me by at least 40 minutes. Super proud of this woman!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Is your partner supportive? [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HalfSpeed wrote:
Support here goes both ways. GF and I compete (well, participate) in SwimRuns as well as trail running, cycling, triathlon, pool competition, etc. She's a beast and I'll do anything to support her endeavors as she does for me. For the most part she is faster than me. Right now, I'm the better swimmer, but that isn't always the case, and we might be equal on the bike, but she kills it running. Her next endeavor is the Bulldog 50k trail run in the Santa Monica mountains. I might just do the the first 25k loop of the course then support her on the second loop, via bike, or something. It's not all planned out yet. I'm not up for the full 50k. We just did the Tough Mugu 25k. Very tough! She beat me by at least 40 minutes. Super proud of this woman!

Must be interesting having this kind of relationship. Both training together and competing. I've never really had that.

I had some high school love affairs with girls that were on my swim squad but this is not really the same thing.

Anyways must be nice to your athletic performance but maybe it would lack subject diversity
Quote Reply
Re: Is your partner supportive? [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:
Anyways must be nice to your athletic performance but maybe it would lack subject diversity
Well, diversity... I like to cook & she likes to eat what I make. I hate cleaning, but she rather enjoys it. We both like to explore IPAs. I'm retired, but created online training programs for scuba diving. She's a high school PE teacher that will need to figure out this new distance learning... who knew? I can help, did help last year. She introduced me to Big Head Todd and I introduced her to Kitty, Daisy & Lewis (music). I introduced her to Silk chocolate soy milk. She can't get enough of it. I lent her my camera and taught her basics. She placed third in a local photo contest. (I only got honorable mention.) Three years now, and I am still in awe of her. I can't speak for her, but I think she feels the same.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next