Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!!
Quote | Reply
Great to see world tour racing return to Italy, the springboard for Covid19 into the western world, and a virtual morgue only a few months ago. Sure beats watching people ride on Zwift!!! Hopefully things hold off in terms of numbers and we can get a Dauphine, Tour de France, UCI World's and Giro....not sure what will happen in Spain!

With the NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, Champion's League finals in Lisbon, MLS is back tournament and all these cycling races starting up, its suddenly jam packed pro sports (albeit void of live fans)

Some epic pics from Velonews:

Fans behaved staying distanced:

Quote Reply
Re: 5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think only about 45 riders finished and the last 5 or 6 were OTL. Must have been rough.
Quote Reply
Re: 5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!! [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I read 25 percent of the field DNF'd. Kudos to Julian Alaphillippe, 5 flats and still got it done 25 min back....looks like everything was pretty distanced in many ways within the peloton itself at some point. Van Vliet did her solo TT to pull back the break and just ride her off the tail for the win! She must be racing with some rage given Tokyo 2020 should be going on this month!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange to see the Piazza del Campo so empty. But happy for racing to return, live spectators or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strade Bianche was a fantastic bike race! Really compelling stuff...outcome not decided until very late, beautiful scenery, great competitive selections, the gravel sectors, the heat... all made for great viewing.
Quote Reply
Re: 5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!! [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first 10 riders were separated by almost 8 minutes with no real groups. Pretty much unheard of.

Strade Bianche is such a beautiful race. Fully deserving of the "6th Monument" moniker
Quote Reply
Re: 5 hrs in an Italian Heatwave: World Tour @ Strade Bianche Returns!!! [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wife and I watched both the Vuelta a Burgos and the Strada Bianche this past week. Both races were excellent and the Flobikes commentators did a good job. It's just too hot here in St Pete after 10:00 so being able to retire to the AC and watch a bike race is a real treat.

I should point out that the Spanish spectators were almost 100% wearing masks - the Italians not so much.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way what width tires are they using on this course in general?
Quote Reply