Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2500 SCY
400/300/200/100 on 20 seconds rest
(5:35,4:11,2:42,1:19)
400IM kick
Pull set on1:30/100 base (150, 2x100,4x50,2x25)
8x50 BK/BR on 60
100 stroke drills
Quote Reply
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [PowerPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
43.5 mi bike
2675 yd swim

22 x 100 on 1:30 (1:20-1:21)
3 x [50 kick + 100 fast] 1:14, 1:13, 1:13
25 kick c/d

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont even remember when I last swam, its been years. Gold's closed and sold me to Club Fitness. They said they were getting rid of the pool so we joined Lifetime instead because I refused to belong to a gym without a pool, even if I dont swim.

Figured I have to swim now, so tried to last week. I dug my Tyr Socket Rocket 2.0s out of a box in the closet. Not only missing a head strap, but the gaskets look to have dissolved (it was gross). So ordered a couple fresh pairs and a drag suit (not because need more drag now, but wasn't looking forward to squeezing in a tight speedo yet, lol). Lifetime swears they are SCM (so did Gold's, but that was a lie). It felt a bit longer/more strokes than I remember SCY, we'll see.

1000 (or 1050) SCM
1x100 1:33
8x50 :42, :42, :44, :44, :45, :43, :45, :43
20(or 22)x25 all :19 to :20

Rest time is none of your business... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting after the swimming lately. It's been so hot that if I can't get out to ride by 7am, I just don't go. Heading to the pool shortly to swim. Need to get some speed back now that my stroke and swim endurance are back.

Warmup:
400 swim
200 kick
200 pull
4x50 fast/easy

4x
5x100 on:
1:35
1:30
1:25
1:20
1:15

Cool down:
200 pull
200 kick
100 swim

3,500 total.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Last edited by: boobooaboo: Aug 31, 20 3:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swam 91 kilometers in this quiet little 25meter pool for the month of August..

In amongst all the other sports facilities. (The beach it top right)

Quote Reply
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh, lovely! You must have a nice tan!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
oooh, lovely! You must have a nice tan!

Yep,winter down here and still getting fried while swimming...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

My summer outdoor season ended last week. I had a great last 5 weeks doing 20-28km per week over 8-11 swims per week. My swims are limited to 1 hrs max due to pool time limitation, but I was dissappointed at how slow my times were compared to pre covid19. Then on Saturday I put on a "tighter fitting set of jammers" (not a racing set of jammers), and I took 30 seconds off my 400IM and 15 seconds off my 200IM. The 200IM brought me to within 3 seconds of my pre covid time (and this was without a dive) and the 400IM I was 12 seconds off (also no dive), so I felt better that I am getting there as those times were in a swim meet vs just a random practice. It actually seems weird referring to an actual sports competition that I was in during 2020.

On a plus note, I signed up for the Demi Esprit in Montreal on 12 September. Half IM, 4 racers start every 5 seconds spaced apart and bike and run on the Formula 1 race track. So I may be able to get one more event in this year!!! Let's see.

What is happening with IM Cairns?
Quote Reply
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

My summer outdoor season ended last week. I had a great last 5 weeks doing 20-28km per week over 8-11 swims per week. My swims are limited to 1 hrs max due to pool time limitation, but I was dissappointed at how slow my times were compared to pre covid19. Then on Saturday I put on a "tighter fitting set of jammers" (not a racing set of jammers), and I took 30 seconds off my 400IM and 15 seconds off my 200IM. The 200IM brought me to within 3 seconds of my pre covid time (and this was without a dive) and the 400IM I was 12 seconds off (also no dive), so I felt better that I am getting there as those times were in a swim meet vs just a random practice. It actually seems weird referring to an actual sports competition that I was in during 2020.

On a plus note, I signed up for the Demi Esprit in Montreal on 12 September. Half IM, 4 racers start every 5 seconds spaced apart and bike and run on the Formula 1 race track. So I may be able to get one more event in this year!!! Let's see.

What is happening with IM Cairns?

Cairns is still on for now but the Noosa Triathlon scheduled for October (Also owned by Ironman and the Sth Hemispheres biggest multisport festival) was cancelled today.That is a huge shame as they have an awesome open water race as part of race week.It is 18k to the left of that aerial photo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5.1 mi run
2550 yd swim
5.9 mi run

25 kick
500 w/u
50 kick
5 x 100 on 1:30
50 kick
5 x 100 on 1:25
50 kick
400 swim
4 x 100 on 1:25
25 kick

total swimming for the month 66,550 yds which is 500 yards short of last month.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sticking with 3x week and still limiting myself to 20-25 minutes per session for another month then see about bumping up to 4x per week and maybe 30 minutes per session.. My shoulder is holding up and swimming really raised my flexibility to the next level, there is little I cannot do now, except really get my hand behind my back. I tried a pull up this morning, couldn't do it, huge mental block.

200 free alt-breath
200 back
200 breast
4 x 25 butterfly w/fins
4 x 100 w/buoy & breath techniques
200 kick w/fins, medley
4 x 50 descending

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ocean temp is all over the place! Two weekends ago, it was 75-77. Then it dropped rapidly into the low 60s and in a few spots into the 50s. It's now, this morning, high 60s, maybe 68. I think I can ditch the wetsuit again.
This morning was special as Lori brought her dog, Bailey, who loves to swim. Bailey swam over 2000 yards with us.

I also edited a video for Lori

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a 1000 warm up then did a pyramid of 2x 50s, 2 x 75s, 2 x 100s, 2 x 125s, 2 x 150s a 200 and then back down the latter.

I was doing them easy / hard. So easy 50, hard 50, easy 75 hard 75 etc... I did the 200 easy and then did the next 150 hard. Then moved on to the 125s...

End result I skipped the easy 150. I didn't figure this out until I was in the shower. So I did a total of 3,250

I haven't done a workout that did not end on a 100 in DECADES. I ignored lightening, a tornado, the power going out, my wife calling while 9 months pregnant to make sure I finish on a hundred. This is not cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can totally relate. The OCD is strong for many swimmers and triathletes.

Do an extra 50 at your next workout to ease your anxiety. Of course that will be September, so your month of August will always be “off”.
Quote Reply
Re: Still chlorintined: August Fish Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't done a workout that did not end on a 100 in DECADES.//

Think of it as a gift, one that releases you from this OCD contest you made up. I remember when Tinley had his streak of running an hour a day, everyday for over 3 years as I believe. If he was sick, pouring rain, on a ski vacation, wherever and whenever. He finally had it broken, think he was hospitalized of some other incident where he just could not do it, and it released him. Just like the time he finally did not finish Kona, after something like 19 times. I aways told him, what are you trying to prove, or actually proving getting 800th place in a race you won twice? That was also releasing for him too, so glad I was never afflicted with that gene.. Congratulations!!!! Your fight is over!!!

I hit a wall last week, had to take 3 days off in a row before I finally had a good nights sleep. Got in today to see if I'm ready or not, wont know until tomorrow I'm afraid. But did have some energy that was not there the past week, tried not to tap into it too hard:

4x(200/200@3;10/150IM kick@3;10) 200's swim(2;54/51)buoys(2;51/47/46/41)pulls(2;36/32) kicks(3;55/54/51/48)
6x50@1;10 odds bk/brst-evens buoy descend( bk/brst- 47/42/41)buoys(41/40/39)
easy 200 kick/easy 200p
2900SCY
Quote Reply

Prev Next