Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv expert disc vs Cervelo P3X
Quote | Reply
 I would like to know which is the best option for half and full Ironman. Cervelo P3X with DT Swiss P1800 spline steel wheels, Shiv disc with Roval C38 Carbon wheels, both Ultegra Di2, same price. Thank you for answering.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv expert disc vs Cervelo P3X [frsilva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frsilva wrote:
I would like to know which is the best option for half and full Ironman. Cervelo P3X with DT Swiss P1800 spline steel wheels, Shiv disc with Roval C38 Carbon wheels, both Ultegra Di2, same price. Thank you for answering.

Before someone else says it...the answer will be the one that fits you the best....
But: with the p3x: what dt Swiss wheels come with it? The higher spec version has 62/48mm wheels which are good and fine for long course. The cheaper version comes essentially with training wheels that you would need to upgrade.
I have the p3x and love it. Already setting pbs in training and that is coming from a high spec Scott plasma.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you fit both, the Shiv Disc because of the wheels. The P3X basically comes with training wheels, and you will need race wheels to get the aerodynamics in the same ballpark as the Shiv.

Both frames are easily race-worthy for a 70.3 or IM, and Di2 is awesome.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bar adjustment on the P3x is miles better so you will more easily be able to optimise your position. Which is a far bigger advantage than carbon wheels over alloy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Shiv fit, that would be my choice. Purely because I like it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I've ridden either of those, but I have ridden a beam bike, and for that reason I would pick the p3x. Beams really do add a bit of comfort.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv expert disc vs Cervelo P3X [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
The bar adjustment on the P3x is miles better so you will more easily be able to optimise your position. Which is a far bigger advantage than carbon wheels over alloy.

Yup, this, plus you can always upgrade your wheels down the road. Unless you -really- value the integrated hydration of the Shiv, the P3X is the obvious choice IMHO - unless it doesn't fit well. I seem to be squarely in between sizes on the PX bikes, which makes me feel like I wouldn't be happy with it, otherwise I would have got one.
Quote Reply