Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's?
Quote | Reply
So my Garmin started doing this thing yesterday where it doesnt track anything while on a run, nor will it stop updating after the activity is over. I have done a soft reset with no luck. Im hoping a hard reset will work, but will I lose all my PRs that are in Garmin Connect?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. The PRs are stored in the cloud, and are device-independent.

It's the same as if your 935 died and you bought a Fenix6. Your cloud-stored history will sync with your new device.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For some reason my watch, 935, started giving me new records earlier this year. Never did a hard reset, never changed accounts. It didn't bother me, so didn't look into it, but did find it odd.
If you're watch is still not syncing with connect, just delete a few old workouts still in the history, it will clear some memory which could be the issue of not recording.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Now it just has a blue triangle on the screen and beeps/vibrates when I push a button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
Im hoping a hard reset will work, but will I lose all my PRs that are in Garmin Connect?

They are still your PRs even if your watch doesnt think so! LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine did the same. I'm sure its related to the malware attack. Garmin site recommends plugging watch in , going to activity folder and deleting all activities. Just did that and seems to work now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are all still there.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
So my Garmin started doing this thing yesterday where it doesnt track anything while on a run, nor will it stop updating after the activity is over. I have done a soft reset with no luck. Im hoping a hard reset will work, but will I lose all my PRs that are in Garmin Connect?

I know that this is a silly, absurd, 20th century suggestion but you could write them down using paper and pen and store them in a safe but convenient place. Oh sorry, my bad for suggesting something so absurdly simple and low tech. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Spartan420 wrote:

I know that this is a silly, absurd, 20th century suggestion but you could write them down using paper and pen and store them in a safe but convenient place. Oh sorry, my bad for suggesting something so absurdly simple and low tech. :)

Now that the Russian hackers have all of our addresses I have no doubt they will use such info to break into our homes and steal any hard copies of workout data too.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Hard Reset: Lose all my PR's? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Spartan420 wrote:

Now that the Russian hackers have all of our addresses I have no doubt they will use such info to break into our homes and steal any hard copies of workout data too.

Ya, I'm sure the Russians are really interested in stealing all of our workout logs. This would be great intell for them. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When was the last time you had a successful sync with Garmin?
Have you ever removed any activities from your watch?

You could try deleting some of the older ones on your watch either on the watch or by connecting to your computer via the USB cord.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the exact same issues. Deleted all activiteit from this and last week and everything works again.
Quote Reply