Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: iTunes crash, help needed
Quote | Reply
So....
I am running my iTunes on a old iMac.
On Saturday morning I was syncing some podcasts with my iPod and iTunes, and it gave me some strange error message regarding one of the podcasts, and then froze.
So I force quit and restarted the computer, upon restarting iTunes , it started as a new copy of iTunes and everything was gone, 10 years of music, all the podcasts etc...
Any idea what I can do? I would like to get back my playlists, podcasts etc....
Quote Reply
Re: OT: iTunes crash, help needed [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you backup to iCloud?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: OT: iTunes crash, help needed [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think so.
The OS on that computer is so old that it wont connect (I dont think)
This is what I see in the folder (image attached)
Last edited by: trener1: Jul 29, 20 10:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iTunes probably crapped itself and created a new library. Your files are probably all still there.

Hold the Shift key while clicking on the iTunes icon. It should give you a pop-up to change to a different library. Navigate to your original library folder and select your library.

If that fails, iTunes automatically backup up the HTML file that contains all of your library information. Restore to that backup file.

If that fails, just have iTunes rebuild your library.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: iTunes crash, help needed [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in the folder there is a file called itunes library damaged, and when I click on info it shows modified with the date/time that it crashed.
Can I just rename that file and try to load it?.
When I click on shift and the itunes icon nothing happens.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doh, wrong computer type. On the Mac, hold the Option key as you click iTunes, and that should bring up the library dialog.

Yes, you can try renaming the damaged file to the original name. Option 2 could be to restore your library from the iTunes Library XML file. That is essentially a backup of your main library file.
Quote Reply