Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tempe Town Lake Railroad Bridge on fire [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can put on IM without crossing that area at least on the beach park side. especially since the McClintock underpass is finished.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake Railroad Bridge on fire [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm more focusing on the fact that they'd have to drain the lake to build the bridge...we they wouldn't "need" to, but I would expect they would.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe. But I doubt they would. Bridge owned by Union Pacific, lake by Tempe. People flipped their shit when the dam burst. I don’t think they would drain it for em.

Maybe supports are still good? The part that collapsed was old and a lot of wood. Mostly over land.

Takes about a week to fill it.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake Railroad Bridge on fire [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Waingro wrote:
Any reason to hope IMAZ happens this year? What’s the local scuttlebut?

Spare me the litany of “all races will be cancelled, you fool”

i have heard a rumor that all 2020 races will be cancelled fairly soon

I have within the last 2 weeks driven through Arizona although not Tempe and also drove through Panama City Beach in Florida where I stayed overnight.

I have no idea what will happen in Arizona although it is clear that they are taking precautions for the illness. The entire Navajo nation is closed ... just shut down and every place I stopped had mandatory mask rules to enter. However I think Ironman Florida will be welcomed by Panama City Beach. I'm not saying it's right or any qualitative opinion on whether any person should do the race I'm saying that city is open for business, hotels are full, restaurants open, beach is open to all who want to be there. Fwiw, which isn't much - anything could happen - that's just my observation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Got links for statements made from her likely personal page on this public social media platform?

There's a difference between perhaps say her gut feeling, versus her putting leverage on the various jurisdictions that have permitted this race. That would be something called corruption. But if ti's just her gut feeling then it's her gut feeling.

Dude, relax on the conspiracy theories...........she has been "on record" saying the race won't happen. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. If she were strong arming people to cancel the race, no way is that "corruption".

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake Railroad Bridge on fire [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I meant IM
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jul 31, 20 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake Railroad Bridge on fire [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Got links for statements made from her likely personal page on this public social media platform?

There's a difference between perhaps say her gut feeling, versus her putting leverage on the various jurisdictions that have permitted this race. That would be something called corruption. But if ti's just her gut feeling then it's her gut feeling.

Dude, relax on the conspiracy theories...........she has been "on record" saying the race won't happen. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. If she were strong arming people to cancel the race, no way is that "corruption".

Well she does not work for Ironman. The event is still being planned, but of course there are currently limitations on crowd sizes in Arizona, large events etc. And the event itself travels through a few cities plus and indian reservation, so there may be different rules. So those restrictions will have to relax in time first, among other things. As with anything this year, "no one knows what will happen" as they say. A lot can change--for better or worse--in four months during this pandemic.

The run course goes through the location where the bridge collapsed, twice, but that's easy enough to change I'd imagine. All of the chemicals that leaked (est 500 gallons) went into a storm drain, which dumps into a dry riverbed on the west side of the dam for the lake. There was a bunch of debris from the bridge floating in the water, but no contamination from what I understand. And of course, that can be fixed anyways.
Quote Reply

Prev Next