Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920 XT
Quote | Reply
 Does anyone still use a 920XT? I need a new one and a guy still has one in the box for 125.00! Do they still work well enough? Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I'm still using a 910.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I appreciate the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 910XT still has a very strong cold-dead-fingers following. The latest Connect IQ stuff may not work with it, but many of the mainstream CIQ apps do. And, it still does the core GPS activity tracking with aplomb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Does anyone still use a 920XT? I need a new one and a guy still has one in the box for 125.00! Do they still work well enough? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I still use a 920XT. I bought it as a factory refurb 4(?) years ago. I recently bought a replacement battery for it. I have ZERO complaints. I get up, I run twice a day, it uploads, done. I wear it all day, every day. I wear it in the pool.

It. just. works.

I don't use any CiQ apps. 2 Chest straps (hard strap and a tri strap), garmin foot-pod, wahoo cadence+spd, 2x powertap hubs for sensors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still use my five year old 920XT (as a bike computer now, and backup to my 935) and it still works well. It will give you most of the data you would want across all three sports and you can add more, and has a long battery life. At $125 new you really can't go wrong.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on my second used 920 xt. Like others have said, it just works. Only gripe is strap life and battery life for an IM. Other than that, it has been awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still using a 910 as a bike computer and a 925 that I bought off Slowtwitch for running and open water swimming. Both still work great. Battery life on the 910 has reduced over time to about 6 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [Rocking Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocking Rob wrote:
......battery life for an IM........

Finish faster.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Using 920xt bought in 2015, everything's perfect. Replaced ripped strap 2 years ago (10 buck on aliexpress).

Battery is still ok (lasted through sub-10 Challenge Roth 2019).

Love the watches and don't wanna replace them until they dead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
920xt is on my wrist right now. I like the old, square screen. It doesn't have all of the latest bells & whistles (like can't pay for anything with it) but does all of the basic stuff just fine. I've built 3 activity profiles besides swim/bike/run so it covers all of my activities.

Still have a 910 that I use for ultras because you can recharge that model on the fly & keep your activity going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 920 is kind of like my computrainer. Just won't die.
It was replaced by Garmin, off warranty however. Maybe 3 years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! I've had the same 920 since late 2014. Never had to replace anything on it. I'm generally horrible with electronics and am always breaking things, but that watch has withstood my heavy use for many years. It does everything I need and holds up, so I've never had a pressing need to replace it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 920 is a very solid backup for my 945.

It works all the time, just doesn't have some of the features I like on the 945.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:

Yes, I still use a 920XT. I bought it as a factory refurb 4(?) years ago. I recently bought a replacement battery for it. I have ZERO complaints. I get up, I run twice a day, it uploads, done. I wear it all day, every day. I wear it in the pool.

Did you change the battery yourself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my 920XT all the time. It doesn't miss a lick. Great watch. $125 is a lot of money but this watch is worth it, if you are active and train a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine works great. My wife and brothers new Garmins got hit with the Garmin hack and don't work now, even with the hard reset.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my 920XT 4-5 times per week. My original was a gift about 5 years ago. Replaced once a few years back due to the common altimeter issue. I do sprint and Oly distance multisport, so the battery has been fine. I watch the new devices with interest, but I have not seen enough new features for me to open my wallet. The only negative is the size for sleeping if you want those metrics. It
works fine for that but isn't the most comfortable sleeping partner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have my original 920 XT & used it today. No current issues. Straps I have to replace every 1-1.5 years as I wear them out, but I do wash/rinse after each use, just like I do with helmet straps especially these hot summer days. I replaced the watch strap 1 or 2x since I bought it many years ago.

It wasn't until I started using it in the pool the watch strap broke. So I don't use it in the pool anymore, just biking, running & xc skiing. The chlorine will just dry out that rubber strap quick.

When I chatted at the Garmin booth at Walt Disney Marathon weekend, I raved about my 920XT & they told me that to date, it is THE MOST RELIABLE model they ever released, and just haven't found the magic with their new watches to match its performance day in and day out. I'd have to agree by all the comments of friends who just upgrade after a new one comes out each time. I hear the complaints of this or that not working well--it's different for each person.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Four screws and one tiny little connector. Easy peasy.

Bought the battery pack kff ebay. Buy a complete back with battery. Don't just get the internal battery part.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Yes. Four screws and one tiny little connector. Easy peasy.

Bought the battery pack kff ebay. Buy a complete back with battery. Don't just get the internal battery part.

Awesome thanks. They are only about $25.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both 910 and 920. 920 is much better. Lighter, battery lasts forever and screen is easy to see. I have a tri bundle kit with 910 and it’s just too bulky. I use 910 as a computer on my bike and works very well but definitely I run with 920. It’s a solid watch and best design in my opinion. Can’t stand round design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, got the 920 in 2017 after getting frustrated with 735 battery issues. One of the best triathlon watches ever made, the 920, it just works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just upgraded to one a couple of months ago I had been using a 310 Xt for a long time. I still use the 310 sometimes on the bike because I don't feel like jerking around learning all the menus of this new thing. I like the new one because it reads Bluetooth and can talk to the phone and sync up without having to drag it inside all the time and hook it up to the computer.

I have found the metrics to be kind of stupid and useless like sleep tracking and the recovery monitor that always says my recovery status is good.

it seemed like kind of a dumb use of $100 so I put the thing back up on eBay to sell and didn't get any bids so I'm just using it.
Quote Reply