Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the cycling pass on NBC Sports Gold? I contacted them several months ago and was told the pass would extend to cover any missed races. Since I never heard from them again, I contacted them again today. I was told the new subscription would start 8/25 and they know there were no races, but so sad too bad. So basically got screwed out of the races for Feb-June. Not sure what can be done, but it's super irritating.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The renew price was 3x what my original package was...
I cancelled.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, mine too. I guess that's the only recourse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It did extend, didn't it? Renewal was always in mid-June, before the Tour. Now it's late July when they came knocking. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying. I don't understand where the Feb-June window comes in.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
It did extend, didn't it? Renewal was always in mid-June, before the Tour. Now it's late July when they came knocking. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying. I don't understand where the Feb-June window comes in.

Fair point. But it could be argued that they should give 2020 subscribers access to Paris-Roubaix, LBL, and Fleche Wallone. Because those races were in the 2020 contract period originally. Now they're forcing you to buy all of 2021 to see those three.

On the other hand, it looks like you get to see two versions of all those races for the 2021 subscription period. Or they damn well better be doing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing that's consistent is the annual price increase. Here's what I've paid over the years for NBCSportsGold:

2016 - $29.99
2017 - $39.99
2018 - $49.99
2019 - $54.99
2020 - $54.99 (+ tax which hasn't been added yet)
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:

Fair point. But it could be argued that they should give 2020 subscribers access to Paris-Roubaix, LBL, and Fleche Wallone. Because those races were in the 2020 contract period originally. Now they're forcing you to buy all of 2021 to see those three.

On the other hand, it looks like you get to see two versions of all those races for the 2021 subscription period. Or they damn well better be doing that.

Ah... That makes sense. All that racing that didn't happen Feb - June is not covered.

It's a PITA that ASO sells coverage of their races exclusively in the US to NBC, because their app sucks and they don't keep old races around more than a month or two.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the consistent price increases and lack of programming as well. Certainly understand that they don’t control the pandemic, but I canceled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno, in April they made the RugbyPass free thru August.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
The one thing that's consistent is the annual price increase. Here's what I've paid over the years for NBCSportsGold:

2016 - $29.99
2017 - $39.99
2018 - $49.99
2019 - $54.99

So don’t pay ... how ya going to watch the races otherwise???
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
logella wrote:

2016 - $29.99
2017 - $39.99
2018 - $49.99
2019 - $54.99

So don’t pay ... how ya going to watch the races otherwise???

Tizcycling's Eurofeed.

Works perfectly. And you can go back and rewatch the races anytime. I've been watching the last 3 Tours de France and world championships this last month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually wasn’t necessarily complaining about it. I don’t mind paying to watch my favorite sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get all of this on U-verse. It also includes the Olympic channel and all the triathlon coverage. I also enjoy the biathlon and cross country skiing, cyclocross, mountain biking...etc
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
I get all of this on U-verse. It also includes the Olympic channel and all the triathlon coverage. I also enjoy the biathlon and cross country skiing, cyclocross, mountain biking...etc

What is U-verse?

And to other posters, I don't mind paying for cycling, but I didn't get what I paid for. I didn't get the Spring classics. And, I got no communication from them at any point. I had to ask multiple times what was going on. They are just going to charge everyone in August before the Tour starts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone looked into the GCN race pass? Does it cover NBCSports Gold races or is there much crossover? Saw that it's on offer for $40 at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GCN deal is not a good idea if you’re in the US. Turns out that they can’t show the races to which NBC Sports has the rights. Best bet is NBC gold or the Tizcycling live feed. I was watching the tour of Burgos this morning on tiz with no issues, except for the fact it was in Spanish. Bigger races they will have the Eurosport feed with English commentators.
Last edited by: J7: Jul 29, 20 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. You're right - not good for the USA unless you want to bother with a VPN service. Monthly pass might be worth it for selected months.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but will there be any mountain biking or cyclocross in the 2020/2021 package? NBC aren't showing any MB or CX races in the schedule at the moment - so they are providing less than they have other years but keeping the price about the same. CX may be added later. No idea what is happening with the MB schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Sports Gold profiting off the pandemic [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MB World Championships will be on NBC Sports Gold. The MB World Cup races are on Red Bull TV which is free and doesn't even require a sign-on. The World Cup schedule is extremely abbreviated though: https://www.pinkbike.com/...nd-xc-cancelled.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AT&T’s cable service. I assume it is the same with directv, or their streaming service, but don’t know for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries. I quit giving to $hits about Pearl Izumi when they quit making running shoes and left all their Reps out in the dark and took their jobs away without a notice. POS company and won’t ever get another dime from me.
Quote Reply