Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
quinnserfa wrote:
There was a thread in June about potential bikes coming out at the end of the year. Cervelo just dropped a couple new bikes but what else is planned to come out? Any rumors?

All the big players were expected to launch new road bikes or special edition bikes this year to align with the Olympics. Specialized, BMC and Giant have stuck with there launches, in-spite of the Olympic delay. I am not convinced Trek, Cannondale or Felt has shown their cards yet. The new Emonda looks very good but its not an Olympic bike in my mind. Cannondale launched the new Scalpel XC bike for the Olympics but they haven't done anything to the same degree on the road. Felt also has a history of making flashy special bikes for the Olympics but I suspect they will hold fire until Tokyo does or does not happen.

That is an interesting point. I thought the IOC had specified that everybody had to have there bike tech out and in competition something like 6 months before the Olympics, but I am guessing that might have only applied to track bikes. If it didn’t it would be interesting to see the ProTour guys scrambling to find last year’s road and TT bikes and I guess MTB as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:
what about Canyon?

I would like to know the same - just so the CF 8 will go on sale even more hahah
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Wait until mid Sept. Something really exciting for tri is coming.

Jeroen

Any updates? :)
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Scott Plasma?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as i’ve been told launch date around 25th to 29th of Sept. Due to Covid they had to change the plans because flying in media would too tricky with all the regulations right now. So they are planning an online only launch for the media first and then customer release.

Rumors are Orbea is also launching a new tri bike around that same time. Looking at their current offerings that might be possible.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek and Orbea going disc?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So new Scott, Canyon, Orbea, and maybe another? 2021 will be a good bike shopping season
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, SC stays the same just new colors. I don’t think Trek is to interested in the tri market anymore. I was thinking that 10 year anniversary might be a thing for Trek to introduce a new SC but no.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Orbea Disc TT bike released on october 1st. ‘Teaser’ on the Orbea website and instagram.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw it as well, it's a bit hard to see but it looks like a Felt IA front half-1/3rds and the rear stays and so on of a Cervelo P5d.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they added discs and possibly a storage box under the downtube. Hard to tell if the bars are on a monopost.
Don' see any top tube storage/integration.
Meh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this isn't the bike you said we needed to wait until September for? Being Canadian I am going to assume Argon has something in the pipeline. Any hints? Hot, warm, cold?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
So this isn't the bike you said we needed to wait until September for? Being Canadian I am going to assume Argon has something in the pipeline. Any hints? Hot, warm, cold?

?? TRIPRO was the one who said we needed to wait until Sept, not me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Wait until mid Sept. Something really exciting for tri is coming.

Jeroen

i certainly hope its as exciting as HEDs rerelease of all their wheels and website!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Sep 28, 20 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would only say Trek has most certainly not forgot about the Tri market.

There is one surprise bike coming in a few weeks, though I assume you know that one.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
As far as i’ve been told launch date around 25th to 29th of Sept. Due to Covid they had to change the plans because flying in media would too tricky with all the regulations right now. So they are planning an online only launch for the media first and then customer release.

Rumors are Orbea is also launching a new tri bike around that same time. Looking at their current offerings that might be possible.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I guess we are 29th september in Europe now :-)
Any update, in this Covid-intense period ?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-), Yes, I spoke with them and there will be a slight delay in the launch to 10 - 15 Oct.
Some work on the website needed to be finished and I know they invite now the European editors of the largest websites and magazines one at a time.
So it all just takes a little more time to get everyhting ready thanks to the Covid.
But it is coming :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New 2021 Bikes? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure will be!
I have only seen the Canyon CF not SLX yet, or has the SLX been leaked somewhere?
Quote Reply

Prev Next