Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel going to for the Canadian Hour Record [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, hard to tell as the angles are a bit different but the second position seems a bit more aggressive, judging on the knee at the top of the pedal stroke maybe coming a bit higher than the elbow?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel going to for the Canadian Hour Record [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found two more images. You can see in the second one he was able to get lower because the head tube size looks similar but given the 650 wheel, stack appears to be lower. Also I swear they stuck a Lionel style hydration systems in his back to fill the gap to his helmet...what do you think?

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel going to for the Canadian Hour Record [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I am seeing things and both bikes are 650 front !!!! I believe Luc Van Lierde subsequently used a road version of the 650 fron/700 rear colnago in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel going to for the Canadian Hour Record [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ferrari wrote up some notes. https://www.53x12.com/rominger-s-hour

Take everything on that site with a grain of salt, but it would be weird to overtly lie about equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel going to for the Canadian Hour Record [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading about the "centrifuge effect" for larger riders over the hour. Key quote here

"Finally, at these speeds the one-hour record, with the 442 curves Tony had to negotiate, became a kind of a ride through a ‘centrifuge’. Carrying 15 kg in weight and 13 cm in height more than his rival, Indurain clearly suffered more from the centrifugal force in the curves. This would have been due to the increased rolling friction (which is directly proportional to weight, and through the curves at these speeds the combined weight of bike plus rider virtually doubles), as well as to a more difficult vein blood return from the legs to the heart due to Indurain’s greater height. "
Quote Reply

Prev Next