Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka One One = Worst customer service
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if anyone from HOKA is on this forum, but if they are, they need to know that dealing with them and their team has been an excruciating experience.

I ripped the sidewall out of my Bondi 6 shoes over a month ago and have been trying to get a replacement pair as all HOKA's carry a 1 year warranty on defective shoes and material.
Being from Canada it's a little different process. All they want are pictures of the defective shoe and your name, address etc. so they can ship you a new pair once it's approved. They say to give them 5-7 days to reply after you have sent them an e-mail which seems a little long but whatever it's their policy and with Covid-19 and layoffs who knows. I can deal with that. But after every e-mail I send to them with information I wait my 7 days and have to call them only to be placed on hold for 20-30 minutes and then get some random excuse of why they haven't replied. Or they hang up. It's just frustrating. I know they're probably trained to do this so you just give up and don't pursue the issue, but it's their warranty policy and it should be honoured without all the hoops to jump through.

Sorry for being a Karen, but if someone high up within Hoka is on this forum, there needs to be a better way of handling these issues.

Anyone else had issues with HOKA?

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka One One = Worst customer service [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not me... I dealt with them once with a warranty issue and the shoes were replaced without fuss. I believe the whole process took about 2 emails and 1 week. But again that was last year before COVID and I am in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had multiple pairs of Bondi 5's with no issues at all. I've had the sidewall rip on every pair of Bondi 6's I've owned (3 now). Hoka had a new pair on the way each time in less than a week. So I think their customer service is outstanding. Not sure about the quality of their shoes anymore though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW:

"One One" is pronounced 'onay-onay'
It is Maori for "time to fly'
It is also pig Latin for 'no-no'

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea how the customer service is for Hoka but the absolute worst customer service goes to Ironman. I have never had an order go right with them and when I ask them to fix it they pretend like they do not understand what I am saying. They literally ignore my issue and send me some canned response over and over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must hate Canadians. I also have had great customer experience (because I'm American).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would you rip the sidewall out of a pair of shoes? The foam just cracked or came unglued? Maybe you are saying you have a rip/hole in the upper.

I've never had an experience with Hoka customer service, did you try contacting the store you purchased the shoes from (if directly from hoka then never mind)?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka One One = Worst customer service [hobbyjogger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if the picture will upload but I've tried to attach it. I was turning around a corner, planted my foot to push off and the outside of my left foot went through the mesh. Hopefully the picture works so you can see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree- I have a pair of Challenger ATR 4 that were less than 1 year old with rips in seam (same spot on both shoes). Sent pictures etc... they said I have to send in and "might" get warrantied (at my cost of course)... but then I'm a)part way to buying new shoes b) might get denied anyways
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am from Canada and had a similar blowout with my Carbon X. I found the customer service OK. It was several months ago and they wouldn't replace them as they didn't have stock in Canada but they let me choose another pair. They were pretty quick to reply to my emails, within 5 days and it took about 10 days for my shoes to arrive. I was most disappointed because I went to the States and found I could buy the Carbon X wherever I wanted. I think they are in the process of changing their distribution in Canada according to my local running store. They tell me this will improve customer service and availability as I think they know they have issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
I'm not sure if the picture will upload but I've tried to attach it. I was turning around a corner, planted my foot to push off and the outside of my left foot went through the mesh. Hopefully the picture works so you can see.

Working out with Zion Williamson, eh?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka One One = Worst customer service [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what's funny is that's the first thing I said to myself when I looked down and saw it.
He's got about 12" and 100 lbs on me though lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had many pair of Hoka One One and I love them. Usually Bondis. Have had that same sidewall rip twice. The first time I sent them the pic and they immediately sent a new pair of shoes to my parents in the US (I'm in Singapore). I picked them up a month later when I went there.

The second time I just took them to my local store and they swapped them for me on the spot and said they'd be sending my ripped pair back to Hoka and they'd get reimbursed. This is not very common here in Singapore - exchanges are usually not accepted here - but that was amazing. They said it was because they'd be refunded.

Great customer service for me...and I'll keep buying them!

101Ironman Hacks & Newsletter: http://ironmanhacks.com/newsletter/

YouTube interviews with legends like Mark Allen, Dave Scott, many more: https://www.youtube.com/...s?sub_confirmation=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone from HOKA is on this forum, but if they are, they need to know that dealing with them and their team has been an excruciating experience.

I ripped the sidewall out of my Bondi 6 shoes over a month ago and have been trying to get a replacement pair as all HOKA's carry a 1 year warranty on defective shoes and material.
Being from Canada it's a little different process. All they want are pictures of the defective shoe and your name, address etc. so they can ship you a new pair once it's approved. They say to give them 5-7 days to reply after you have sent them an e-mail which seems a little long but whatever it's their policy and with Covid-19 and layoffs who knows. I can deal with that. But after every e-mail I send to them with information I wait my 7 days and have to call them only to be placed on hold for 20-30 minutes and then get some random excuse of why they haven't replied. Or they hang up. It's just frustrating. I know they're probably trained to do this so you just give up and don't pursue the issue, but it's their warranty policy and it should be honoured without all the hoops to jump through.

Sorry for being a Karen, but if someone high up within Hoka is on this forum, there needs to be a better way of handling these issues.

Anyone else had issues with HOKA?

Quinner

Just an update for anyone that cares. I finally got a refund from Hoka.
It took 14 phone calls. Probably 8 hours of being on hold (not a lie).
They just refunded me the original amount of the shoes. 190$ Canadian onto my CC.
Happy this issue was finally solved. I really love the HOKA brand so I hope they can work on their return policy and warren policy here in Canada.
Quote Reply