Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
It’s been 25 years, I’m still getting over it…

You probably will never recover your fertility

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
Mudge wrote:
It’s been 25 years, I’m still getting over it…

You probably will never recover your fertility

Ya think??

Seriously, though, I worked with a guy some years back who underwent 3 vasectomies and 2 reversals, and had children following the reversals. It’s not impossible.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I don't think I've noticed much change. I'd say about the same.

x2, if anything slightly increased.....

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this up. What did your docs say about swimming after? Mine said to stay out of the pool for 2 weeks due to it being an open wound.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the “no scalpel” method?
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [stupidflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be getting a vasectomy later in the year and interested in this procedure. I follow Jonathan from TrainerRoad on Insta and he seemed to suffer really badly with lingering pain and side-effects, I think it was 4 weeks before he could even sit on the saddle - don't know what procedure he had though. I am looking at scheduling between early November and early December in order to allow as much recovery as needed and getting back to for Jan 1st at the latest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had mine today at 3pm est. I’ll try to keep you guys updated on my experience and timelines. Currently sitting with a bag of corn on my nuts.

Procedure was simple. Felt the needle, some slight nerve pain, and then nothing. Repeat for the other side. Done in 20 minutes. Prescribed ibuprofen for inflammation and antibiotic.

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [Sam M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was only running at the time. I waited however long the doctor told me...maybe 5 days?

I wouldn't rush back to the bike...ouch.

One recommendation: wear compression shorts 24/7 for a week or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [hetron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, pretty much the same. Funny, I forgot I even made this thread. All good now!

Hope your recovery is going well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one last year and was on the bike in a week. No issues at all.

Quote | Reply
Had mine last January and while 4 weeks sounds like a long time, in the context of "the rest of your life" it's nothing. Normal life activities resume quickly but be patient. I tried a trail run after about two weeks and the technical descents were a bad idea. I don't think I got on the mountain bike for at least 4 weeks. Once it's healed you'll never know the difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As per my doctor's orders I did not do any exercising for 1 week. I know of a guy who mowed his lawn two days later, ripped the internal stitch, and his testicle filled with blood and was the size of a large orange.

I was on the bike on day 8 and I ran on day 10. I also bought a mesh cup off Amazon for 8 bucks and used it for the first few runs to hold things in place.

I will mention one thing I experienced that I didn't read in any forums and my doctor never mentioned... I was was moderately psychologically impacted by this procedure. Seeing two dime-sized wounds on each testicle was very unnerving. Also, the emotional aspect of truly realizing I could never father children again was felt. I actually felt mild grief. I think it's important to share these details because every guy I spoke with communicated that "it's no big deal". I also got that vibe from many of the posts in this thread. However, for me there were psychological and emotional impacts. Maybe if I had known that some dudes feel this way beforehand, it wouldn't have been so surprising and I would've dealt with these feelings sooner as I would've been prepared. Granted, these impacts were mild and only lasted about a week, but still the recovery time for me wasn't all physical ... it's okay for guys to have feelings and share them. And you can put that in pink! Just saying :-)
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: Jan 13, 23 9:40
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing that! I have been talking about getting one with my wife because I do not want more kids and she doesn't either but she does not like the finality of it. I guess I never thought that even though I would volunteer for one the reality of not being able to have kids is something that for sure can weigh on me. This is a good thread and emotional feelings should be talked about as well.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Thanks for sharing that! I have been talking about getting one with my wife because I do not want more kids and she doesn't either but she does not like the finality of it. I guess I never thought that even though I would volunteer for one the reality of not being able to have kids is something that for sure can weigh on me. This is a good thread and emotional feelings should be talked about as well.

I husband felt the same way after two kids...then the oops third child arrived and he got the snip snip. Now he's thrilled about his vasectomy and will tell anyone who will listen about it.

He had some pain for maybe two weeks? He wore compression shorts and that seemed to help.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Recovery time for you? [stupidflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the “no scalpel” method done shortly after kid number 4 arrived. Took it easy that weekend mostly laying in bed, reading, watching shows, and periodically icing the area. Never really felt sore, or at least I don’t remember. I also scheduled to have it done right before a planned week off from training. I was able to start right back up (slowly just to be on the safe side) with no issues.
Quote Reply

Prev Next