Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hi Viz Jersey
Quote | Reply
What are some good recommendations for some nice hi viz jerseys? I keep getting reminders of why I like hi-viz stuff.

It seems like bright jackets and baggy jerseys are easy to find, but something nice and form fitting is much harder. Wish I had picked up the Pactimo ones while they were on sale. Any other suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Hi Viz Jersey [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read my signature line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking to be seen while cycling, a high-powered blinking light front and back may be best. The problem is that in high contrast situations caused by sunlight, drivers will have a hard time seeing any color.

Also, I've learned over time that what is "hi viz" in one situation may not be so much in another. For example, flouro green gets lost against a backdrop of spring time new leaf green, but is great against the drab colors of winter. For all around visibility, I've found hunter orange has the most applications.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Hi Viz Jersey [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
If you're looking to be seen while cycling, a high-powered blinking light front and back may be best. The problem is that in high contrast situations caused by sunlight, drivers will have a hard time seeing any color.

Very much agree with that. I try not to skimp on the bike lights. If I haven't blinded someone behind me, then I need a new one. I just know from a number of personal experiences that I can see other with a hi viz item from much further away, even if it's just a helmet. Comments from some people I have passed biking would reinforce this. As far as high contrast, I'm in West Texas, we don't have any tree tall enough to cause contrast. We don't have a local version of a tree lined road...

Tri3 wrote:
Also, I've learned over time that what is "hi viz" in one situation may not be so much in another. For example, flouro green gets lost against a backdrop of spring time new leaf green, but is great against the drab colors of winter. For all around visibility, I've found hunter orange has the most applications.

Would love some good option on the hunter orange. I see some orange jerseys, but not really the hunter orange I'm looking for.
Last edited by: Traket92x: Jul 28, 20 20:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on why you want high viz. If you want to be seen during the day bright colors may be fine. If you want to be seen at night reflective elements on the jersey are better than bright colors.

Sugoi has their zap tech gear thats exremely visible at night. https://www.sugoi.com/en-US/zaptech
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycology do a distinctive Hi-vis green jersey in both short and long sleeve and a relaxed fit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Trek and Tinkoff did hi vis team kit a few years back, so you can now get those racing cut jerseys at a deep discount.

https://www.ebay.com/...c:g:fRcAAOSwGrBeTL0N

https://www.trekbikes.com/...lica-jersey/p/32787/

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...eys/p/452001520P-032

Not sure what size you're looking for, looks like they only have XL in stock right now......

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
What are some good recommendations for some nice hi viz jerseys? I keep getting reminders of why I like hi-viz stuff.

It seems like bright jackets and baggy jerseys are easy to find, but something nice and form fitting is much harder. Wish I had picked up the Pactimo ones while they were on sale. Any other suggestions?

the best "high viz jersey" is a 1000 lumen front blinky light on your bike and helmet.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Hi Viz Jersey [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will probably be reaching out to you once they get the Large Ascent Aero back in stock. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hi Viz Jersey [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered a Tinkoff one. Now to see if I can squeeze into a large...

Thanks.
Quote Reply