Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kenda Valkyrie
Quote | Reply
I need new tubeless tires and, after reading comments about how hard it is to install Continental 5000 tubeless, started looking.

Has anyone tried the Valkyrie? Not many recent Reviews on line, no Crr data, etc.

Curious if anyone’s used them and their thoughts.

https://bikerumor.com/...w-gravel-bike-tires/
Last edited by: Tri-Bum: Jul 27, 20 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not tried the TLR version, but I got a free set of the non-TLR Valkyrie Pro through my race team, and they are a very lightweight , thin tire. A race tire. I raced crits on them, but I would not use them as a daily tire like I would the GP5000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have no issues with GP5000 (on Enve 7.8)... probably depend on your wheels you are using.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a nice riding tire but there is probably a reason why there isn't any rolling data published on these tires. If they were any good, Kenda would want to world to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
It's a nice riding tire but there is probably a reason why there isn't any rolling data published on these tires. If they were any good, Kenda would want to world to know.

some tire companies have no idea...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

I know this is a few months old, but apparently they are good enough that Dygert was riding them at TT worlds. I would love to see some data.
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
...Dygert was riding them at TT worlds.

Proof?
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They showed up on her world's bike shots beforehand. I suppose she might not have used them in the race, but I think she did. Whether they were on there or not (I do believe they were) I'd love to see rolling resistance and aero data. And whatever the case the tyres weren't responsible for that crash! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

You have no idea how true that is...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tires she rode at Worlds appear to be unbadged, which wouldn't be the case if they were Kendas. If Valkyries are actually fast it would be out of character for Kenda.

Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well they sure don’t look like the Vittorias. Pirelli possible or Schwalbe? Aren’t those an all black sidewall? If her crash was tire related, maybe I don’t want to know
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever she is using the logo would be blacked out if it's a non sponsored tire.

Can't remember where I read it but they said a couple of male pros had a little bobble in the same spot, so it could be something in the road surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Kenda Valkyrie [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

You have no idea how true that is...

No I do... a phone call to Tioga left me absolutely baffled 😮

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
They showed up on her world's bike shots beforehand. I suppose she might not have used them in the race, but I think she did. Whether they were on there or not (I do believe they were) I'd love to see rolling resistance and aero data. And whatever the case the tyres weren't responsible for that crash! :)

A little late now but I promise you that she didn’t race on Kenda tires. I believe their pro issue “Service Course” tubulars are actually rebadged veloflex if I remember correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats why I pinged you. I figured you might know something.

Thank you.
Quote Reply