Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Email from Active...
Quote | Reply
Anyone else get an email like this from Active for a race that you automatically let bump to next year??

Dear ****,
Thank you for your order with World Triathlon Corporation Canada. Please save a copy of this receipt for your records.
Order informationOrder ID:********Date:July 24, 2020
ItemPriceCancellation of 2020 Subaru IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant presented by Sportium - General Entry - Individual Entry - Volume(725.00)********
Cancellation fee725.00
Grand total:CAD 0.00

Questions or concerns
If you have any questions about your order, please contact:
Organization:
World Triathlon Corporation Canada
3407 W DR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD
Ste 100
Tampa, Florida 33607-6226
United States
Tax ID:
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jul 24, 20 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Email from Active... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one too for Santa Rosa 70.3, but I sort of interpreted it as a refund. But maybe it is just an accounting entry.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received this as well. Looking at the Active.com side of things though, no events are shown as upcoming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got it too. Initially thought it was part of the deferral process. Cancel this year's fee and re-receipt to next year's race. Now I'm not so sure. I'll have to check the bank statements to see if there's a credit reflected.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received one as well. A bit of clarification would be appreciated, indeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one too for Musselman 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
given timing of these across various races and new ownership finalized this week feels like all the deferrals to 2021 are now being processed via their provider Active.com. For us IMC folks I suspect this is not a refund, its a off account 2020, move us to 2021, re-register us....we do nothing but receive confusing emails-:)

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Email from Active... [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Santa Rosa one... classic horrible customer service from Ironman/Active...

It's unclear what the email is for and about... at first I thought it was a refund... then I came to my senses šŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: Email from Active... [Charles_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charles_D wrote:
Got one too for Musselman 70.3

As did I.

I believe this has to do with the company "cleaning" things up on their end and processing that the events scheduled for 2020 are canceled and moving registrations to 2021.
Do not be naive enough to think we are all getting refunds lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Barring specifics from IM and Active, here is my guess:

When my races were canceled and I chose alternative races, I got notes from Active/IM saying that my choices were acknowledged but that I was not yet actually registered in the replacement race. A link would be sent out when that race opened.

At that time, Iā€™ll have this sort of credit waiting with Active to apply to the replacement race registration.

Meanwhile, Iā€™m bracing for the Active transaction fee to be applied to every shuffle of the race schedule.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Email from Active... [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what Ironman Mont-Tremblant just posted on their Facebook page:,

TO ALL ATHLETE THAT DEFERRED TO IMMT 2021:
We apologize for any confusion that the Active cancellation notification has caused you. When we process an event postponement or cancellation, we ultimately have to ā€œcancelā€ your registration in the original event, and we will then will send you an email with a new link to register for the event that you chose, whether that was a transfer to a different race or a deferment to the same event in 2021. We realize that the notification did not explain this as it was an automatic notification out of the Active system. You will be receiving an email to register for the IMMT 2021 later this year, please be patient as the IMMT 2021 have not yet been created yet, it will be later in Autumn.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we process all athlete movement.
Stay safe!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same,I go tone for Maine 70.3.
I was planning on defering so not sure what the email was for. I emailed IRONMAN, but I don't think anyone is employeed there any longer, so who knows if I will get a response.
Quote Reply