Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You know you're in Canada when ... [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....you can get a good butter tart, piece of Nanaimo bar, smarties, coffee crisps, and a good 'ol Triple O's burger from White Spot! Yum, yum!!

....the beer is at least 5% alcohol!!!

....you pay 14% tax or more on almost everything.

....you ask for tea and it's actually real hot tea.

...carrying some $1s or $2s would slow you way down on the bike or run (gotta keep these posts tri-related).

Anyway, I think the smaller goalie pads are a good idea; and as already mentioned, the goalies should be fair game once they leave the crease. I also think the clutch and grab crap has become a real problem -- it slows the game down so much -- it's in the rules but it's just not enforced. There should also be a shootout if the game is still tied after the short overtime period -- get rid of all the tie games!!

....Go Canucks!!
Quote Reply
Re: You know you're in Canada when ... [way2slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have a lot of trouble getting anything from a White Spot - don't have them in t.o. area. It is a good burger though...

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: You know you're in Canada when ... [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your swim team's pre-meet yell is:

"Moose Jaw, Moose Jaw, Rah, Rah, Rah"

That is a no-shitter.

I used to play Rugby, Moose Jaw's team is called the "Nads"

The fans stood on the sidelines chanting... (figured it out yet?)... GoNads Go, GoNads Go
Quote Reply
Re: You know you're in Canada when ... [Young_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"seriously...who says oot and aboot?"

Uhh, we do. I didn't realise it until I moved to SC. It is 'eye-out and aby-out' down there, my friend. A simple Canadian 'out' sounds like 'oot' to them. The difference is more subtle but still present in the northern states.
Quote Reply

Prev Next