Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity
Quote | Reply
With the entire season scrapped for me at this point and in need of new shoes, I’m not sure which to get between the two.

I bought the peg turbo 2 for a complimentary shoe to the next%, but since I won’t be racing I don’t need such a speed focused shoe. I know that the react is marketed as a injury prevention shoe as opposed to a higher performance speed shoe.

I’m looking for something that will keep me fresh when running consistently until training season again and I start focusing on speed again. I often feel beat up after a run in the pegs. Has anyone had both shoes and could compare them? Did you run slower? Did you feel like you got less beat up? Or anything else you think I should know.

Thanks!

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
With the entire season scrapped for me at this point and in need of new shoes, I’m not sure which to get between the two.

I bought the peg turbo 2 for a complimentary shoe to the next%, but since I won’t be racing I don’t need such a speed focused shoe. I know that the react is marketed as a injury prevention shoe as opposed to a higher performance speed shoe.

I’m looking for something that will keep me fresh when running consistently until training season again and I start focusing on speed again. I often feel beat up after a run in the pegs. Has anyone had both shoes and could compare them? Did you run slower? Did you feel like you got less beat up? Or anything else you think I should know.

Thanks!

If you want a great shoe that isn't speed focused NB 1080 V10. Best slow run shoe I've ever come across by far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Peg Turbo, Peg Turbo 2, Zoom Fly 3. I HATE the React Infinity. I truly think it's an awful shoe. The arch support hits me in a weird spot, poorly designed tongue and laces, heel cup is awkward. I have 50mi in them and I regret every single one.

I would give serious consideration to the new Saucony lineup. I have a pair of Endorphin Speeds mixed into an exclusively Nike shoe wardrobe and have ~75mi in them over past month+ and really, really like them.
Quote Reply
Re: Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
palmtrees wrote:

Thanks!

If you want a great shoe that isn't speed focused NB 1080 V10. Best slow run shoe I've ever come across by far.[/quote

X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why and how you feel beat up after long runs in the Peg 2? Love the shoe and can’t believe a shoe that is so soft is still responsive. May not be helping what you were after but I have no interest in trialing other shoes as I rate we them in the best shoes I’ve ever run in for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m also not sure if it’s wear on the shoes since they have over 200 miles on them. I’m just not exactly sure if it’s all around shoe I’m looking for with the off-season coming sooner than expected

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Peg 35s, the Turbo and the Turbo2. The Turbo2 are far far superior. They're easily the best shoes I've ever worn. 15k+ on tarmac leaves the legs feeling fresh.

BUT

The durability is trash. I've had two pairs. The upper separated from the sole before 300km on one pair, and before 120km on the other. This is a common problem from what I've gathered. My local run shop has stopped carrying them because of it.

I'm transferring away from the Turbo2 for this reason and I'm not at all happy about it but I also can't justify $260CAD on a shoe that doesn't last at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:

Thanks!

I run in Pegasus, Pegasus Turbo 2 (3rd pair) and 4%. I've been a size US 9 for all my adult life and buy shoes new online without trying them on, with no issues. Luckily I bought the React Infinity from a shop because I had take them back, 3 times. I bought US 9 and they were incredibly tight. I swapped them for 9.5, still way too tight, I had to run with the laces completely undone to get home, a lot of pain on the sides. Ended up with a 10, which was fine in the width, but was now too long and felt too big. So had to take them back as well and ended up with just some Pegasus. They are a good shoe to run in, but did not fit my feet at all, despite me running in all sorts of Nikes for years. Strange no-one has reported this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
I love the Peg Turbo, Peg Turbo 2, Zoom Fly 3. I HATE the React Infinity. I truly think it's an awful shoe. The arch support hits me in a weird spot, poorly designed tongue and laces, heel cup is awkward. I have 50mi in them and I regret every single one.

I would give serious consideration to the new Saucony lineup. I have a pair of Endorphin Speeds mixed into an exclusively Nike shoe wardrobe and have ~75mi in them over past month+ and really, really like them.

I put 400 miles in my infinity reacts over 2 months now reserve them for long runs (need a new pair soon) your 50 mile comment about the arch...that’s about where they break in. They get really weird my first week running in them but after that they have been great.

I’ve added the peg 37s as my easy day shoe and I don’t love them nearly as much.

@OP. They are two completely different shoes but I think the infinity has more range. They feel fine easy up to marathon pace. Turbos shine at marathon to 10k pace imo.
Quote Reply
Re: Peg Turbo 2 vs React Infinity [Sanny87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanny87 wrote:
I have the Peg 35s, the Turbo and the Turbo2. The Turbo2 are far far superior. They're easily the best shoes I've ever worn. 15k+ on tarmac leaves the legs feeling fresh.

BUT

The durability is trash. I've had two pairs. The upper separated from the sole before 300km on one pair, and before 120km on the other. This is a common problem from what I've gathered. My local run shop has stopped carrying them because of it.

I'm transferring away from the Turbo2 for this reason and I'm not at all happy about it but I also can't justify $260CAD on a shoe that doesn't last at all.

Conversely, I've got 300mi on two pairs of Turbo 2s that I am currently using and they feel quite good, still.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive run in the react shoes...not the infinity specifically..but the odyssey and the flyknit. I just never liked them in comparison to the zoom fly and the peg turbo. I feel like the durability of the peg turbo isn't super great since its the expensive zoom x foam, and its pretty soft compared to the zoom fly with the carbon plate. But it's a super comfy shoe to log miles in.

My daily trainer this spring/summer has been the zoom fly 3 because I wanted to see if the recovery benefits of the carbon plate held true. Anecdotally I feel like my legs aren't as sore after hard or long sessions. However that could just be a side effect of being fitter as the summer drags on too.
Quote Reply