Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Omni-Biotic Triathlon updates???
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any updates on this. Supposedly it took place yesterday, Blummenfelt mentioned it on his YouTube Channel. One person does an Ironman, then 3 other teams start afterwards with varying time handicaps.

Two person team maybe an hour back.

The four person team consisted of the UBER fast Norwegians, and I believe they started 2 hours back.

Any updates on this? Sounds like a cool race.
Quote Reply
Re: Omni-Biotic Triathlon updates??? [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was streamed live on the TriathlonLive platform, but I missed the end of the race (I tuned out to do my long run as teams had a lap and a half or so to go on the run). The coverage wa spart in English, part in German, but they did a pretty good job, save for 45min or so where they only had one camera running, after a surprise downpour, where they had returned the others to the garage to dry out so that they could then put one with each team...

Interesting though, Once athlete solo, followed by Patrick Lange's team (3 person team, 1 swim, 1 bike, 1 run), followed by team half (each athlete splits the S-B-R) and team olympic (4 person team, each athlete doing a part of the S-B-R)...

I couldn't find final results, but I suspect the solo guy won, with team olympic/team half in 2nd and 3rd (not sure which order) and Patrick Lange's team ringing up the rear, but I could be wrong...
Quote Reply
Re: Omni-Biotic Triathlon updates??? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
It was streamed live on the TriathlonLive platform, but I missed the end of the race (I tuned out to do my long run as teams had a lap and a half or so to go on the run). The coverage wa spart in English, part in German, but they did a pretty good job, save for 45min or so where they only had one camera running, after a surprise downpour, where they had returned the others to the garage to dry out so that they could then put one with each team...

Interesting though, Once athlete solo, followed by Patrick Lange's team (3 person team, 1 swim, 1 bike, 1 run), followed by team half (each athlete splits the S-B-R) and team olympic (4 person team, each athlete doing a part of the S-B-R)...

I couldn't find final results, but I suspect the solo guy won, with team olympic/team half in 2nd and 3rd (not sure which order) and Patrick Lange's team ringing up the rear, but I could be wrong...

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. Thought we would get a write up about it here on ST seeing that there are NO races going on anywhere? I didn't want to splurge for the subscription just to watch this so I won't be able to watch it, will have to wait for Blummenfelt's next video.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should have signed up for the free one year subscription they were offering early in the COVID period. I have subscribed for years, so they just added a year without charge to my account with this year being free due to limited races...

Patrick Lange had some good videos of the norwegians on his socials from the run... It's a hell of a contrast seeing a solo ironman's tempo clipping along, and then seeing one of them flying at sub 30 10km pace...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results as best as I can work out
Christop Schlagbauer 8:39 winner
close behind "meters" was
Team Half (Kumhoffer, Ruttman) (started 40 mins behind)
then
Team Olympic (Blummenfelt, Iden, Stornes, Hauser) (started 110 minutes behind).
The team of Lange (s) Hubert (b) Lange (r) DNF'd at 30k on the run due to Lange's stomach problems.

They note that Simone Kumhoffer rode a 2:15 half, while Iden rode 46km/h + for his .25 Ironman. Interesting he did it on his drafting-legal bike.

Some photos <https://www.imago-images.com/...dorf-am-See?db=sport>

Waiting for YouTube, and grateful for Google Translate.
Quote Reply