Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Invited to Sign Up for 2021 Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore
Quote | Reply
I got an email today that I am invited to sign up for VIP registration for the 2021 Ironman 70.3 European Championship. I am not from Europe, so I assumed that this would only go out to European athletes. (On that subject, I don't think I have ever been invited to the North American championship either.)

Is everyone everyone getting one of these emails. I am not inclined to go, because it was not on my radar. But, it all of a sudden became a possible race-cation destination.
Quote Reply
Re: Invited to Sign Up for 2021 Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not received that and I live in Europe and in Denmark. :)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Invited to Sign Up for 2021 Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i got the mail today as well, actually twice.
With the 2020 race being cancelled, and many people being transferred to next year, there can barely be any spots left as i see it though? Guess only VIP entry and then it is full.

I guess i got is as i got AWA Bronze last year so you get priority+my triclub always does well (+I'm actually from Denmark/Europe).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I received this morning. My VIP registration window is June 25 - June 29. Very glad I'm getting advance notice as I weigh my decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the email as well. I live in the US and also am AWA Bronze.
Quote Reply
Re: Invited to Sign Up for 2021 Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
Yes I received this morning. My VIP registration window is June 25 - June 29. Very glad I'm getting advance notice as I weigh my decision.

Lol, same here. No interest in going, but I clicked the link just out of interest to see the race dates, and showed my link expired on June 29th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured it might be an error, and I just got the correction email...

IRONMAN wrote:
Unfortunately due to a technical error, you received an email today with incorrect priority registration information for IRONMAN 70.3 European Championship Elsinore.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will let you know as soon as possible if registration becomes available for the 2021 event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, just got a second email saying that registration isn't actually open haha

On a side note, the email said they are processing deferrals and assessing capacities. Makes me wonder if registrations for next year's races will even be open for longer than 24hrs before selling out. Anyone know what your options are if the race you first registered for and the race to transferred to both got cancelled. Do you automatically get deferred to the following year's race from the race your registered for first or second?
Quote Reply