Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just One Tri in Michigan this year?
Quote | Reply
Looks like it’s just gonna be just one actual triathlon in Michigan this year. The state has shut down all other attempts to host races at state and local level parks. Sunday, July 26, 3Disciplines Racing is hosting the Paul Bunyan Challenge in Oscoda. Race director Kenny Krell has vigorously attempted to secure a race permits for over 30 other races this year without success. But he has a permit for the Oscoda race because it is not at a state park, but at a resort community that knows him well and supports him.

Hoping lots of triathletes will come out and support Kenny, Annmarie and the 3Disciplines crew. Every other Michigan tri I’m aware of has been canceled.
Quote Reply
Re: Just One Tri in Michigan this year? [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody knows for sure if they'll happen, but there are multiple triathlons still being planned in West Michigan.

Bear Lake Tri
Reed's Lake Tri
Dirty Mitten
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm not sure I would want to race in Oscoda with all the PFAS in the lake and drinking water. The Trex and Stegosaurus triathlons are still a go in August at Island Lake state park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Looks like it’s just gonna be just one actual triathlon in Michigan this year. The state has shut down all other attempts to host races at state and local level parks. Sunday, July 26, 3Disciplines Racing is hosting the Paul Bunyan Challenge in Oscoda. Race director Kenny Krell has vigorously attempted to secure a race permits for over 30 other races this year without success. But he has a permit for the Oscoda race because it is not at a state park, but at a resort community that knows him well and supports him.

Hoping lots of triathletes will come out and support Kenny, Annmarie and the 3Disciplines crew. Every other Michigan tri I’m aware of has been canceled.

And I still wouldn't do one of his races.
Quote Reply
Re: Just One Tri in Michigan this year? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Just One Tri in Michigan this year? [Lucero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because I've done some of his races and listening to him complain about his volunteers turned me off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Because I've done some of his races and listening to him complain about his volunteers turned me off.

I gave up on his races years ago. Every race seemed to be a cluster and it was always someone else's fault.

I actually did the original Paul Bunyan, probably 2002 or 2003.
Quote Reply
Re: Just One Tri in Michigan this year? [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if the Hubbard Lake Triathlon is still going or not, but that was some really clear and clean water. I miss that race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

This.

And really unorganized.
Quote Reply