Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Syncro Questions...
Quote | Reply
For a tri-build (obviously...) where you have the shifters with single buttons...
Am I correct that you can turn off syncro mode by double pressing the button on the junction box until you see both solid red and green lights? And if that is right, after you do that, how do you shift the front derailleur?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Syncro Questions... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can turn off Synchro by the Junction A double-click.

When out of Synchro, you cannot shift the FD.

In a perfect world, you could map the shifter buttons based on shifting mode. For example, when in Synchro, the extension and brake buttons both shift the RD. However, when you shift out of synchro, change the button mapping so that the brake buttons shift FD and extension shift RD. This would be great, but Di2 does not support dynamic button mapping.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Syncro Questions... [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

So I guess the only reason anyone would turn it off is if they are using a 1x system. That kind of sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
For a tri-build (obviously...) where you have the shifters with single buttons...
Am I correct that you can turn off syncro mode by double pressing the button on the junction box until you see both solid red and green lights? And if that is right, after you do that, how do you shift the front derailleur?

Thanks!

I swapped my single buttons out for the 2 button version so then I can map the shifting of the RD up/down to the 2 buttons on one shifter and shift the FD back and forth with a single button on the other shifter which leaves me a free button I have mapped to change the pages on my Garmin head unit.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Syncro Questions... [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the two button version as well, on both my extensions, and brake levers. Asking about syncro for a friends bike. I know of a few people local to me who have syncro, all of them would prefer the older style two button shifters, they don't like the bike deciding when to shift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
....they don't like the bike deciding when to shift.
I admit, it took some getting used to, but now I love it. I am still alerted on my Garmin head unit before the shift so I can decide if I want it to make the change but 99% of the time, it does what I would have done anyway and makes my life so much easier with one less thing to think about. The 2 gear jump on the rear when changing the front chain rings makes cadence and gear matching so much better than the old method.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love syncro now, never really did at first but now I really like it. I think with the single button shifters though that you can still program the buttons to do what you want them to do so you could have the buttons on the aero extensions do the rear shiting and the buttons on the brake levers shift the FD. This would be done through the e-tube software.
Quote Reply