Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your morning routine? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, welcome back stranger.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: What's your morning routine? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
This has changed a little since I am WFH with the plague out and about.

Yeah, I found an extra hour in my morning since I don't need to iron dress shirt/pants nor drive 40 minutes

NPR is taking a hit, though

https://jalopnik.com/...-we-arent-1844404346

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What's your morning routine? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timely thread as it sounds like I'm 100% working remote going forward.

Wake up 6-6:30, breakfast and coffee.
Start work at 7am
Kids ship them off to daycare whenever they wake up (2 doors down) hopefully before 8

Now that I'm 100% remote, I need to refine my schedule, Id like to wake up earlier and do some sort of workout or reading before I start work. Issue is my wife works hospital shifts so that always messes with stuff. Sometimes she is out the door at 6:30, sometimes she is off, sometimes she won't be home till 10:30 at night, and I prefer to stay up till she gets home.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your morning routine? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
j p o wrote:
This has changed a little since I am WFH with the plague out and about.

Yeah, I found an extra hour in my morning since I don't need to iron dress shirt/pants nor drive 40 minutes

NPR is taking a hit, though

https://jalopnik.com/...-we-arent-1844404346

Clothing manufacturers and retailers have to be taking a big hit out of this. I don't think I have put on a nice shirt since mid-March. And it looks like a whole lot of people will be working remote not just through the plague but after too. No need for nice pants if you never wear pants.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your morning routine? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Timely thread as it sounds like I'm 100% working remote going forward.

Wake up 6-6:30, breakfast and coffee.
Start work at 7am
Kids ship them off to daycare whenever they wake up (2 doors down) hopefully before 8

Now that I'm 100% remote, I need to refine my schedule, Id like to wake up earlier and do some sort of workout or reading before I start work. Issue is my wife works hospital shifts so that always messes with stuff. Sometimes she is out the door at 6:30, sometimes she is off, sometimes she won't be home till 10:30 at night, and I prefer to stay up till she gets home.

Same boat (more or less 100% remote until at least Christmas). Glad you're getting an opportunity to refine the AM schedule as I'm finding a lot of value in it (even without documenting my pooping) and hope others do the same.

One thing that I'm really appreciating is training (I just do body weight/kettle bell/sandbag/jump rope/trail running type stuff..in other words I don't go to the gym) later in the morning and not having the pressure of constantly watching the clock to be fully wrapped up by XYZ time. The brief morning body weight stuff is equally as valuable though. The combo of reading/hobby/brief exercise is really one hell of a shot in the arm for me so I hope you find a way to do something similar within a dynamic schedule.
Quote Reply

Prev Next