Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMCHOO Cancelled
Quote | Reply
IM Chattanooga is no more. I think they cancelled the 70.3, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
IM Chattanooga is no more. I think they cancelled the 70.3, as well.

I see you just got the email too.

See you in 2021?
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [PomDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking the 2021 IMCHOO option here.

Ironman site shoes the 70.3 is done, too...not surprising considering it was set to take place before the full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had already deferred my registration so I didn’t get the email. Did they offer any “Transfer into these races...” options or have they wised up and stopped offering to transfer you into other races that will also be canceled?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jul 15, 20 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Options here:

All registered athletes of the 2020 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery triathlon will have their race registration automatically deferred to the 2021 date, but we have also provided additional race options if you are unable to race on September 26, 2021. All options are listed below.

1. Free deferral to 2021 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: Sept. 26, 2021
2. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN Texas: Oct. 17, 2020
3. Free deferral to 2021 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN Tulsa: May 23, 2021
4. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid: July 25, 2021
5. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Wisconsin: Sept. 12, 2021
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awobabobob wrote:
Options here:

All registered athletes of the 2020 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery triathlon will have their race registration automatically deferred to the 2021 date, but we have also provided additional race options if you are unable to race on September 26, 2021. All options are listed below.

1. Free deferral to 2021 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: Sept. 26, 2021

Interesting that they are now offering multiple 2021 race options rather than the original race for 2021 & a bunch of 2020 options. I could be wrong but this is the first time that *I* have seen this.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Santa Cruz 70.3 officially done as well.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matter of days for decisions on Superfrog, Santa Rosa,and Oceanside too. Does La Quinta or any Arizona race still have a chance? Time to make our own virtual races.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading an article that discussed the class action suit against them not offering refunds. They said that most people don't want refunds, but want deferrals to an earlier race. It looks like they are making accomodations for people to race sooner instead of waiting 12+ months

In also surprised to see Texas in Oct on this list. Seems risky to defer to that one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Registered for IM Choo the day after last year's race, because I wanted to see if I could do better in better conditions (ie, not 100 degrees)

Paid the ridiculous transfer fee to go from IM Choo to IMLP because the date conflicted with the Berlin Marathon.

Berlin got cancelled.

Then LP got cancelled, so I transferred back to Choo.

Now Choo is cancelled...

I just made a 2 year, interest-free loan to WTC for something like $1500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can drive to IMFL and IMChatt so my only frustration is the options don't allow me to drive to a race with kids...well, happy kids. I'll have to think about it but I'm thinking Tulsa. I could roll the dice on Texas knowing it's not going to happen and hope for better transfer options? Idk, my goal was Kona 2021 and these options make that difficult. Not surprised or upset with the cancellation but was hoping for better options. It is what it is, life goes on.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [dpd3672] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dpd3672 wrote:
Registered for IM Choo the day after last year's race, because I wanted to see if I could do better in better conditions (ie, not 100 degrees)

Paid the ridiculous transfer fee to go from IM Choo to IMLP because the date conflicted with the Berlin Marathon.

Berlin got cancelled.

Now Choo is cancelled...

Its going to be 72 degrees and the dam will be releasing a full load of water. Oh well, 2021 it will be 115 degrees and no flow : )
Last edited by: anthonypat: Jul 15, 20 17:51
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
awobabobob wrote:
Options here:

Interesting that they are now offering multiple 2021 race options rather than the original race for 2021 & a bunch of 2020 options. I could be wrong but this is the first time that *I* have seen this.

I mean they're kind of running out of 2020 races to send deferrals. IMLOU is no more, IMAZ is sold out and StG is likely sold out as well, things don't look great for IMFL. 70.3 Washington was postponed yesterday and they still had 2020 options but the smart money is just to let that go to next year.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [dpd3672] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dpd3672 wrote:

Berlin got cancelled.

Now Choo is cancelled...

First world problems

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [andrewhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewhtx wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
awobabobob wrote:
Options here:

I mean they're kind of running out of 2020 races to send deferrals. IMLOU is no more, IMAZ is sold out and StG is likely sold out as well, things don't look great for IMFL. 70.3 Washington was postponed yesterday and they still had 2020 options but the smart money is just to let that go to next year.

In addition, they deferred IMLou people into 2021 IMChoo as well. That's probably close to 5000 people if everyone from IMLou and IMChoo took it, so they need to spread people out some.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Superfrog, Santa Rosa, Oceanside and La Quinta are most definitely not happening in 2020. Cmon - they just cancelled the f#ing Rose Parade.
Arizona - who knows, it is a nutty state.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar thought with switching to Tulsa for next year. This will be my first full distance race and the thought of it being in May, along with having 2 separate transition areas was enough for me to stick with Chattanooga. I did my first 70.3 there and like the idea of my first full distance being there as well. Pools are just opening at my gym this week and I'm going to give it a little while still until I unpause my membership and get back in the pool. Slightly sad, but overall excited to put in more training and be ready for next September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swapped to Choo after IMTX2020 was cancelled, I swapped into IMWaco because If its a NO GO, I’ll just get moved automatically over to IMTX2021.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO Cancelled [KENNBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know when entry for 2021 will open?
Quote Reply