Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
JSA wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:
Well, I never saw Obama posing and praising Five Guys.

Likewise, Reagan never endorsed a specific brand of jelly beans.

Very true, he just liked Jelly Bellys so he had them in a bowl on his desk. Similar to Carter who had a peanut farm and kept peanuts. The fact Reagan liked Jelly Belly did help their sales, to my knowledge, he didn't photo op and try and sell them.

Reagan used to give jars of Jelly Belly's to dignitaries as a gift, which I think is pretty cool. What I did not know, until recently, is that in his final year of office, he switched that the M&Ms and made M&Ms the "official" White House candy.

And Carter replaced Pepsi machines with Coke machines in the White House. Nixon was a pinko commie! Carter was a defender of freedom, truth and the American way!! (Except for the whole paving the way for sales to China thing.)

https://www.nytimes.com/...ssia-s-cola-war.html

"In popular lore, Coca-Cola has been the drink of the Democrats and Pepsi-Cola the beverage of the Republicans...In World War II, Franklin D. Roosevelt asked a Coca-Cola executive to help supply cola to the troops overseas, and before long Coke had set up bottling plants all over the world.

When the Communist state ran the Soviet economy, Pepsi developed a cozy relationship with the Kremlin, and by extension the Soviet bloc, after a visit to Moscow by Vice President Richard M. Nixon in 1959. During that visit, the chairman of Pepsi, Donald Kendall, met with Nikita S. Khrushchev.

In 1972, after Mr. Nixon had become President, Pepsi became the first foreign consumer product to be sold in the Soviet Union.

A few years later Coke found a champion in Jimmy Carter, who replaced Pepsi machines in the White House with Coke machines after he was elected President. The Carter connection may also have helped Coke to become one of the first foreign products sold in China after Chinese-American relations thawed in 1979."

The best part of that Pepsi/Soviet story is since the USSR rubles were worthless internationally, the USSR would give Pepsi tomato paste (which Pepsi used for Pizza Hut Pizzas) and Stolichnaya vodka. After the fall of the USSR, Russia was in such dire straights that they ended up selling a bunch of old warships to Pepsi. So briefly Pepsi had the 6th largest Navy in the world. Until Pepsi was able to unload them for scrap value.
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:

What about going on CBS or ESPN and doing a show on your bracket for March Madness. Not much difference.

How so? What is he endorsing? NCAA basketball?

Specific networks request interviews of POTUS all the time. In fact, POTUS has appeared on 60 Minutes in the past. That's not an endorsement of that specific tv show.

First, I had no problem with Obama doing that. And while its not a traditional endorsement its certainly endorsing a product and March Madness is a massive product. They were lengthy shows with him revealing his bracket.

I disagree that it is "endorsing" March Madness. That's like saying Bill Clinton "endorsed" the saxophone or W "endorsed" running.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
wimsey wrote:
It's also scientifically proven that Coke tastes way better than Pepsi.

Growing up I would have said the exact opposite. We always had Pepsi in the house and never Coke. Of course, what ever we did have it was called Coke. Now I hate Pepsi.

"All I wanted was a Coke" doesn't quite work the same, sorry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I disagree that it is "endorsing" March Madness. That's like saying Bill Clinton "endorsed" the saxophone or W "endorsed" running.

Look if we are going to draw a fair comparison between Trump endorsing Goya on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office, the more accurate comparison with Bill Clinton is Cuban Cigars or blue dresses.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:

What about going on CBS or ESPN and doing a show on your bracket for March Madness. Not much difference.

What is he selling by revealing his March Madness picks?

He must have been selling something to buy this.

https://robbreport.com/...-15-million-2865341/
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
He must have been selling something to buy this.

https://robbreport.com/...-15-million-2865341/

That's from Michelle's book sales

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Ivanka and Goya - question for LR lawyers.... [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:

maybe we can get 10 investigations into Beanghazi to show nothing inappropriate was done
Quote Reply

Prev Next