Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skechers Customer Service
Quote | Reply
So I've had a few issues with Skechers that have been rather unpleasant. It could be related to the COVID issue but I find that kind of a cop-out.

First I had bought a pair o Go Run Ride 7's for my wife (from Amazon) and the insole started peeling apart within a week. I contacted Skechers and they said we don't cover products sold by other retailers - Contact them. We did and We got it resolved but I found this very fishy. I had trouble with a pair of Hokas once (that was bought at a different retailer) and they replaced the shoes no questions asked.

So recently I purchased a pair of Go Run ride 8's from the actual Skechers website. Firstly when I purchased them they were on sale but apparently it took a day for the transaction to go through and it charged me full retail price. So I tried to contact them and it says to email because of COVID. So I did and I waited. No response. Sent another email. No response. Finally my shoes came in the mail. Apparently the sizing is a little larger in the 8 than the 7 and I need a 1/2 size smaller. Still trying to email and no response. It's been 2 months. This is my last resort to try and get in contact with someone. If not I think I'm done with them even though I love their new shoes. Especially the GRR's

I'll go back to Hoka where I know I can trust someone to stand behind their products and services.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
First I had bought a pair o Go Run Ride 7's for my wife (from Amazon) and the insole started peeling apart within a week. I contacted Skechers and they said we don't cover products sold by other retailers - Contact them. We did and We got it resolved but I found this very fishy. I had trouble with a pair of Hokas once (that was bought at a different retailer) and they replaced the shoes no questions asked.

it's not 'other retailers' that are the problem, it's Amazon - lots of counterfeit goods on there. Trying to honor warranty on pirate merchandise will drive the company into bankruptcy. This isn't Skechers' problem, this is yours. Don't buy off Amazon.

https://www.outsideonline.com/.../amazons-war-on-gear

I've had good luck buying from my local running shop, and trusted retailers like Runners Warehouse, etc. They tend to handle any problems directly so I don't have to call the brand, win for all parties. This costs a bit more but it's worth it to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I wouldn't expect them to honor anything without either sending it to them or at least pictures.
And I only buy from well known retailers and amazon themselves when purchasing there.

Most times there is no where else to purchase items that I am looking for.

I've been to quite a few shops in the area looking for Hoka rincons and the Saucony endorphins (any version) and I cannot find them at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He did get it resolved with Amazon but not with Sketchers, so he would have been better off just sticking with Amazon. But due to Sketchers response he might be better off just staying with Hoka.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I just picked up some 7+ and they are legit!

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But due to Sketchers response he might be better off just staying with Hoka.
Yeah this is where I'm at.

I am now also stuck with a pair of shoes that are a .5 size too big that I DID buy (without getting the sale price) from Skechers directly.

I have yet to receive any type of response.

It sucks because I love the shoes - I am just at a point of distrust with the Skechers Brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
I'll go back to Hoka where I know I can trust someone to stand behind their products and services.

Are you kidding me? Have you talked to their reps? I have a bad experience, so I don't support Hoka anymore.
Nike is where it's at. No issues at all with their shoes and fast. My only complain is availability.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The single experience I've had with Hoka Customer service: they replaced my Clifton 4's (even though I had put 100 miles on them) when the midsole started detaching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
The single experience I've had with Hoka Customer service: they replaced my Clifton 4's (even though I had put 100 miles on them) when the midsole started detaching.

Good for you!
This is my experience.

Nike: Yes. You don't like them, they will exchanged with something else with no questions asked.
Merrell: Yes. They absolutely stand behind their product.
Hoka: No. Rep didn't know what he was talking about. I was like WTH??
Sketchers: No. Poor quality of material and so so customer service.
Newton: Yes. Inner sole was damaged and sent me a new pair for free.
Altra: No. Sent two emails but no replies at all. They don't care about you.
Inov8: No. Poor quality material.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a general response. The key to good customer service is buying from a good local running store. My experience with buying from my local running store is that if I have a problem they give me a new pair and then they fight it out with their rep. Make the customer happy, get them out of the picture and then deal with the manufacture and/or their rep. One of the negatives of buying online, although maybe cheaper prices, is that if you have a problem its generally your problem to deal with and good luck with that. Same as buying a bike online. Support your local stores!
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are right. I hate paying the store premium when I already know exactly what I want. I think I'll just bite the bullet from now on.

Of note:
Skechers Legit Running products are online only as far as I can tell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah, that's on Skechers. I worked at Brooks for 5 years and we would take back defective shoes and replace them regardless of the point of purchase. If they were counterfeit, we'd ask for some additional details on where they purchased them and let the legal department pursue shutting the seller down, therefore protecting future shoppers and our brand. We'd still send a replacement pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Customer Service [kwikfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an even better outcome than I would expect.
I mean I got that problem resolved.

I'm just frustrated that 2/3 purchases of Skechers shoes I've needed to contact customer service.
This being the second time, and I cannot get a response.

I was hoping that a Skechers REP browsed the forum. Just a shot in the dark I guess. I'm not really trying to Badmouth Skechers.
Quote Reply