Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What’s happening with sale of WTC?
Quote | Reply
The terms of the deal were always a bit opaque, aside from the headline price. Unless I am missing something, the definitive agreement was not filed with the SEC like it might be for a company listed in the US. The original communication and the late WSG annual report both referenced the deal closing in the second quarter. That would have been two weeks ago.

The June annual report makes reference to uncertainty about the deal closing. That could be read as standard disclosure, or suggestive of uncertainty.

I can’t see any press reports about this.

The big question is what is Advance buying? Are they buying a company damaged by Covid, or is there some kind of price adjustment that reflects the deterioration in value due to the pandemic? I don’t have a rooting interest between a Chinese conglomerate and a high net worth family’s private office. I just want a healthy WTC to come out the other side of this thing, and be there to hold races when it is permissible.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more talk around here about this, especially given how many people took a flyer on WSG stock.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s happening with sale of WTC? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The close slipped waiting for Spanish regulatory approval and is expected this month. However, the article is sloppily written and there might be other regulatory approvals required.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/...sTEliaE8EvDQJYNqpduY
Quote Reply