Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Glasses - Ekoi/Oakley/Roka
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new pair of cycling glasses and came across the Ekoi's Patrick Lange is wearing. Currently have the Roka SR 1X after switching from Oakley Radar Path. Was thinking about switching back to the Oakley's with the vented lense since I sweat profusely and need more ventilation and came across the Ekoi's Premium 70's. Anyone have any experience with these and how they compare, good, bad or ugly? Other recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Glasses - Ekoi/Oakley/Roka [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been very happy with my Alpina Twist 5 HR QVM glasses for well over a year. They are light, adjustable and have a ton of features.

https://www.bike24.com/p2250353.html

For those who would rather read the specs here...

The half-rim model is the classic in the TWIST FIVE family. Thanks to the high-end QuattroVarioflex lens technology, it is the ideal companion for a wide range of usages. The mirrored glass is polarised, enhances contrasts and adapts optimally to the light conditions (photochromatic). The Fogstop coating prevents the lenses from misting up and, thanks to a hydrophobic coating, water and dirt roll off easily – thus guaranteeing perfect visibility at all times. With its inclinable arms, the glasses can be adapted to fit any shape of face. It is the ideal companion, whether cycling, playing golf or jogging. Thanks to the polarising Quattroflex technology, it is also ideally suited for water sports. The glasses offer 100% UV protection.

Features:

• Quattro/Varioflex mirror fogstop
  • Adaptable Nosepad
  • Adjustable Inclination (arms)
  • 2-Comp Design
  • Optimized Airflow
  • Hydrophobic lens (outside)

Varioflex Mirror + Fogstop + hydrophobic:

• Self-tinting - adjusts to light conditions
  • Polarisation filter for contrast enhancement and elimination of reflection
  • Covers protection levels S1-S3
  • Mirrored
  • Infrared protection
  • Medium to high light protection
  • Fogstop coating

QuattroVarioflex The polarising filter in the Quattroflex lenses has been developed in cooperation with athletes and is tailored to varying requirements offering a maximum degree of functionality. It effectively eliminates reflections and glare clearly highlighting contours. This functionality is neither affected by heat nor by cold making these lenses suitable for all conditions and sports.
Quattroflex lenses are ideal for combining with Varioflex since they are lighter than regular polarised lenses. This ensures the Quattroflex effect also works perfectly in bad weather and diffused lighting conditions making the Quattroflex lens ideally suited for a wide variety of uses, from water sports to golf as well as winter sports.

Fogstop is a coating applied to the inside of the lens. It is not smooth but rough - seen through a microscope it looks quite fissured. This makes it impossible for moisture droplets to form a covering layer, i.e. to mist up the lens, impairing visibility. This could only occur if the humidity level was such that all the fissures filled with water. But before this can happen, the stored moisture actually condenses, keeping the lens clear - no hairdryer required!

Adaptable Notepad: Rubberised adjustable nose pads to ensure a good fit for any width or shape of nose. The rubber effectively prevents slipping and guarantees a secure fit.

Adjustable Inclination: The articulated arms allow the glasses to be tilted away from the forehead during strenuous ascents and tilted back to reduce draft on the way down. Clear, mist-free visibility at all times.

2-Comp Design: The combination of hard frame, soft arm tips and nose pads enhances the fit and comfort of the glasses.

Optimized Airflow: Heavily curved lenses in combination with indirect air flow channeling assure vision that is not impaired by draft or fogging.
Frame color: black matt
Included in delivery: glasses, microfiber pouch
Lense tint (color): rainbow (QuattroVarioflex rainbow mirror S1-S3)

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Glasses - Ekoi/Oakley/Roka [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look at Julbo, I don't personally have any experience with these (yet), but I have seen these and I think they look great.
https://www.julbo.com/...asses/gravel_cycling

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Glasses - Ekoi/Oakley/Roka [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my s-2s - got them a month ago and upgraded from an old pair of Maui Jims. The 100percent S2s have great coverage and dont fog much.

https://www.100percent.com/...ltilayer-mirror-lens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of Ekoi I picked up in France. Really great bang for the buck sunglasses. Loved them.

Unforunately, I tripped and fell on my face and somehow the sunglasses absorbed the impact and slid along the pavement without a single scratch to my face.
The Ekoi's however, were toast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had great luck with the Oakley EVZero path. The frameless design is much more vented than my other Oakleys (Jawbone, Scalpel) and doesn't fog up in cooler weather (as the framed designs tend to for me...even the jawbones with vented lenses).
Speaking as a heavy sweater (>3L/hr), they work great. Super light (and great as running shades) as well.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing Ekoi for the last years (before that I had several Smiths & Rudy Projects). Given my propensity to scratch glasses, as I can have 3 or 4 Ekois for the price of one Smith or Oakley, this is a no-brainer. Ekoi are very basic sunglasses, but they do the job very well. You just need to buy them for 40-50$ during one of their non-stop promotions. I would not buy Ekoi for more than that, but at that price they can't be beat.
Last edited by: soll: Jul 14, 20 15:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stopped buying expensive sunglasses some while ago because I can't seem to avoid losing or breaking them for more than a single season. The last few years I've been buying Tifosi for cycling, their offerings range from about $50-$80. Both pairs I've bought have been photochromatic lenses and I've been really happy with them, although I've also never had any really expensive Oakleys or anything like that for an upper-end frame of reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had been wearing nothing but oakleys since high school... around 20 years ago.

after my first set of rokas ill never go back. the grips on the nose and the ears are much more comfortable and grippy than anything ive ever felt on an oakley, and the glasses im currently using to run in are much much lighter. i never really considered weight of my sunglasses being a thing, but once i experienced it i was really pleasantly surprised.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply