Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Repair a wetsuit tear around zipper lining
Quote | Reply
I ordered the aqua seal but in this case its the zipper fabric that ripped (looks like the stiching and glue came undone). This area seems to be lining fabric and not neoprene. Also i don't think this area stretches so can i use crazy glue here, or use the neoprene cement? Picture attahed. thanks very much
Last edited by: avikoren1: Jul 12, 20 17:51
Quote Reply
Re: Repair a wetsuit tear around zipper lining [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't see the pic.

For jersey tears and seam reinforcement, I typically use IronMend:https://www.walmart.com/...epair-Patch/32311376

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Repair a wetsuit tear around zipper lining [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, pic is in
Last edited by: avikoren1: Jul 12, 20 18:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It needs to be restitched. Any surf/dive shop can do this. I've even had a shoe/luggage repair place I trusted do it.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was stitched and glued before. Okay, I will look for a surf shop. Thanks

By the way, after I get it stitched, it was also glued. Should the gluing use the aqua seal type or crazy glue since this is on the fabric side and is not part of the stretchy area, ie it is fixed around the zipper?
Last edited by: avikoren1: Jul 12, 20 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't just stitch this with regular thread. You have to use something more heavy duty. The following is the upholstery thread I use. Great stuff, stitch it up, then put in some neoprene glue to hold everything together. I am very generous with the glue and I am not trying to win any fashion awards. Don't use crazy glue. I have seen people also use a 2-part epoxy but just stick to neoprene glue. It does the trick.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Repair a wetsuit tear around zipper lining [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, just ordered the thread. now I just need to learn how to or find someone that can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crazy Glue (cyanoacrylate) is strong but brittle. You need wetsuit cement (ex. AquaSeal) (urethane-based adhesive) that has some elasticity.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks. Got the thread and aquaseal on order. Lets hope I do this right :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Thanks, just ordered the thread. now I just need to learn how to or find someone that can.

As long as you can do some basic stitching you should be fine. It doesn't need to be pretty and it won't be pretty if this is your first one.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply