Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon vs Ripple
Quote | Reply
In the market for a bike in the 5000 Dollar range, with an electronic groupset and good aero properties. I figured used would be the best bet (cervelo p5six, s-works shiv, etc), but building up the Canyon cf slx 8.0 sl seems like a great deal, and the Ripple ultra tri seems almost too good to be true.

Am I missing something? Would you recommend another bike at this price point, used or new?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon vs Ripple [Driva77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Driva77 wrote:
In the market for a bike in the 5000 Dollar range, with an electronic groupset and good aero properties. I figured used would be the best bet (cervelo p5six, s-works shiv, etc), but building up the Canyon cf slx 8.0 sl seems like a great deal, and the Ripple ultra tri seems almost too good to be true.

Am I missing something? Would you recommend another bike at this price point, used or new?

I'm going to guess that the Canyon you're talking about is the Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 SL and not either the Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 SL, or the Grail CF SLX 8.0 SL for example? You haven't actually said you specifically want a triathlon bike, or what type of event you want to use it in, so you're leaving a lot for us to figure out for ourselves here!
Also, what exactly is a Ripple Ultra? Might you perhaps be talking about the bike company Ribble?

Seriously, you don't know what either of the bikes you're considering spending $5000 on is actually called?!
Last edited by: Ai_1: Jul 12, 20 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon vs Ripple [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad, I went down the rabbit hole with different options, and things were starting to blur. Also I’m on mobile, so Ribble changed to Ripple.

So yes, I mean the speedmax and the company Ribble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No contest. Its definitely the Canyon Road over the Ripple...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the premiere tactical a good look. I am really happy with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the ribble was ridden to a solid placement at the world time trial champs, I'd say its probably a solid bike. Personally I'd probably buy it over the canyon, even though the canyon is also a super solid bike just because it's a little different, probably wont see it at too many races. As was alluded to in another post the premier tactical is also good. TBH any bike from a major brand these days is good, and there are a ton of smaller ones like the ones mentioned above that are good. Buy the bike that fits, looks good, and has the component spec you want and you can't go wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Driva77 wrote:
My bad, I went down the rabbit hole with different options, and things were starting to blur. Also I’m on mobile, so Ribble changed to Ripple.

So yes, I mean the speedmax and the company Ribble.

Your phone auto-corrected it both in the title of the thread and in the main body of your text. Must be the Ripple effect!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon vs Ripple [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
Give the premiere tactical a good look. I am really happy with mine.

+1

It's slightly over 5k, but the Premier Tactical is an incredible value - https://www.premierbike.com/products/tactical
Last edited by: dangle: Jul 16, 20 10:41
Quote Reply