Quote | Reply
Which way should I go? Thanks.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Exercise Bikes: Peloton or Nordictrack? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrong forum.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Exercise Bikes: Peloton or Nordictrack? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no other forum. /pink

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Jul 11, 20 14:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neither one
Go with Stages SB20 , Kickr or Tacx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Which way should I go? Thanks.

I'll respond as you had hoped.

I have a few friends that have the Peleton and love it. 2 couples share the workout bike, so for them it works out paying the extra 40 bucks a month ON TOP of the original bike cost. The other friend uses it by herself, so she is paying the 40 solo. Do you have a spouse or kid who would use it too?

I was really impressed with the Nordic track, but looking at some reviews I saw that there seemed to be more complaints about warranty and other issues.

There is an article or write up somewhere that showed over a few years ( can't remember if it was 2 or 3 or 4 yrs) that the Peleton was 2x the cost.

Have you seen them in person? Any friends with either one? The Nordic has a pretty sweet screen that swivels too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I “think” the peloton ecosystem is more robust. The bike is very well made.

Having said that, my wife is pretty happy with the peloton app and our old Schwinn spin bike. We pay ~$13/month for the app and just use our bike. We miss out on the interactive part of classes but typically do not ride in “live” classes anyway.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a while you could get the Peloton workouts for free to see if the extra cost was worth it.

For me it is a Kurt kinetic with old Sufferfest videos (when you could buy and own) or just streaming videos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peloton. I haven't been to a spin class for more than 15 years, but I am really loving my Peloton. It has become too dangerous to ride outside where I live and I'm having much more fun on the Peloton than I was on my trainer. Monthly fee is less than the monthly cost of my gym (which I cancelled).
Quote Reply
Re: Exercise Bikes: Peloton or Nordictrack? [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife bought a Peloton in April. Loves it, said she won't go back to spin class when they open back up. Daughter also loves it as well as her friends. She tells her friends where we hide the spare key so they can come over and use it when we aren't home.

The bike seems well put together and there are a lot of classes. Also offer strength classes and yoga. You can project the workouts to a TV. It's a nice option for the yoga so you aren't trying to watch it on the bike screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peloton all the way. No actual experience with the bike, just basing my recommendation of their stock performance.
Quote Reply