Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2020 F1 Thread [MatthewLigman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was joking around, I don't tend to favour drivers, or any athletes, who act like assholes.

Cool story about Albon!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just read Claire Williams will be stepping down. Probably a good decision by the new owners, but I really like Claire. She always struck me as someone way too pleasant to be TP of an F1 team. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing said about her character. Wish her nothing but the best.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 F1 Thread [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that The Netflix doc really showed her in a bad light. She appeared clueless, not in control, unaware of potential major problems within the team, etc. Definitely came off as kind, but, not exactly a good leader. Maybe a bit too soft.

I don't know if that was an accurate portrait of her or not, just something I noticed.

Everyone likes to praise toto for being this really level headed, emotionally in tune and aware leader but I hear he is also quite demanding and has a hot headed side to him. I'm not sure Claire has that. Sometimes you need to use the stick instead of the carrot to get your team in line.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 F1 Thread [LCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed and why I think it was ultimately the right move for their program
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MatthewLigman wrote:
  • Mercedes is looking dominate already

I've been watching Mercedes completely dominate this season! Just like Schumacher/Ferrari in the early 2000's. Lewis is in a world of his own... and will probably pass Michael in total wins this year (which I never thought anybody would!) Hopefully the new 2022 car/rules will level the playing field a bit. I will say I have been enjoying the racing that has been going on behind Mercedes. Nice to see Mclaren/Renault/Racing Point/Red Bull battling. Red Bull seems to be the only car that can even get close to the Mercs... I'd love to see Max in an equal car...as I feel he is the guy who could take it to Lewis.
Good to see racing back...and on almost every weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 F1 Thread [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orcaman wrote:
MatthewLigman wrote:
  • Mercedes is looking dominate already

I've been watching Mercedes completely dominate this season! Just like Schumacher/Ferrari in the early 2000's. Lewis is in a world of his own... and will probably pass Michael in total wins this year (which I never thought anybody would!) Hopefully the new 2022 car/rules will level the playing field a bit. I will say I have been enjoying the racing that has been going on behind Mercedes. Nice to see Mclaren/Renault/Racing Point/Red Bull battling. Red Bull seems to be the only car that can even get close to the Mercs... I'd love to see Max in an equal car...as I feel he is the guy who could take it to Lewis.
Good to see racing back...and on almost every weekend!

The race for P3 is the only reason that I keep watching in the era of F1. Also maybe a little bit of hope that Ferrari will figure things out without turning into a Red Merc.

Haas: However I am impressed that Mr. Haas is backing the team for another year. Those guys really like getting it handed to them.

Williams: I’m sad to see the family leave the team. I finally thought they were starting to make some progress. This team has an amazing legacy and I hope 2021 isn’t the end for them.

Carlos S: do you think he’s kicking himself for the switch to Ferrari? McLaren have finally found some pace just in time for his departure and Ferrari is trying to set new lows.

Grosjean, K-mag, Torpedo, “Daddy’s money” Stroll, and maybe Latifi: in the grand scheme of things not awful drivers, just not F1 quality. Time to release them from starting spots, maybe keep them as reserve drivers or encourage them into another racing direction. I’d like to see Hulk get another shake, and there is some real talent in F2 with very little room step up. I think there are a couple other drivers that could potentially open seats up for F2.

*F1 opinions from a couch potato fan that has never driven an open wheeled car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haas signed Mick Schumacher to drive one of their cars in 2021, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, both Haas drivers (Magnussen and Grosjean) are apparently out of F1 next season. I saw that they (or maybe just Grosjean) made vague confirmation that they've/he's been in tough with some Indy teams but it would suck for Romain to go out like this (assuming he doesn't heal fast enough to get back in the car this season, which ends in 10 days or so, right? Abu Dhabi?)

War is god
Quote Reply

Prev Next