Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet
Quote | Reply
Holy moly, 14:23 + 14:26 for the women, both under the previous AR, and 12:47 for the men, 10th fastest of all time, fastest ever on American soil, new Canadian record.

That is one heck of club meet. Who needs IAAF Diamond League and Grand Prix meets.
https://www.flotrack.org/...test-ever-on-us-soil
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spiraling down goes gwen

Last edited by: synthetic: Jul 11, 20 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you realize that Gwen and other 2 were only planning on doing 3k? Gwen also set a PR. Her current goal is 10k not 5k.
Last edited by: hubcaps: Jul 11, 20 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
spiraling down goes gwen

Gwen split 8:48 for 3k and then dropped out as planned. PB by 22 seconds it looks like.

https://live.athletictiming.net/...events/211910/splits

ETA: She also ran 15:18 at the first intrasquad meet last week.
Last edited by: nowhere: Jul 11, 20 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the context - good for her!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bowerman has some good hot sauce pumping through the veins these days.
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8% track shoes
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Bowerman has some good hot sauce pumping through the veins these days.

I thought they were the clean(er) one of the two? NOPe being the other

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Holy moly, 14:23 + 14:26 for the women, both under the previous AR, and 12:47 for the men, 10th fastest of all time, fastest ever on American soil, new Canadian record.

That is one heck of club meet. Who needs IAAF Diamond League and Grand Prix meets.

Really an amazing race by Mo Ahmad.....he should be racing in Tokyo with that form and I hope he hangs on to 2021 for a gold when Tokyo 2021 goes off.
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
kny wrote:

Really an amazing race by Mo Ahmad.....he should be racing in Tokyo with that form and I hope he hangs on to 2021 for a gold when Tokyo 2021 goes off.

He is very strong and with that form certainly a contender for gold. He made 12:47 look easy and thats insane.
But keep in mind that the 5000m is a very deep distance right now. You have other studs like Barega, Kejelcha, Cheptegei, Edris etc. So you really have to bring your A game to the olympics no matter how fast you have run before to even medal.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Do you realize that Gwen and other 2 were only planning on doing 3k? Gwen also set a PR. Her current goal is 10k not 5k.

thus she should have done 2 more repeats if focus is 10k. drop out TT training for 10k should have had her go 6-8k non stop. 3k drop out is good for 5k training , but given its just 3k she should have been leading the pack instead of chasing
Last edited by: synthetic: Jul 12, 20 12:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
hubcaps wrote:

thus she should have done 2 more repeats if focus is 10k. drop out TT training for 10k should have had her go 6-8k non stop. 3k drop out is good for 5k training , but given its just 3k she should have been leading the pack instead of chasing

I think 4 of them were pacing for the 4 who were racing...they did the same for their last meet and switched roles for this one. At some point the pacers drop out and let the racers fly to the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntl_tri wrote:
synthetic wrote:
hubcaps wrote:

I think 4 of them were pacing for the 4 who were racing...they did the same for their last meet and switched roles for this one. At some point the pacers drop out and let the racers fly to the end.

except that is not how pacers work. gwen was behind all the time. pacers need to be up front till drop out point.

On a bright note, im impressed the girl who set new american record did not do it with the nike bouncerfly spikes
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and the Olympics will boil down to an 800m race then a 400m race then a 100m race anyway (at least that is how it can often roll when you stack all those together)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
hubcaps wrote:

Pretty sure Jerry Schumacher has a better idea of what Gwen should be doing than you do

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Who needs crowds? Women's 5K AR + Men's 12:47 at Bowerman club meet [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Synthetic sounds like a coaching genius. Maybe Jerry should hire him. :)

I'm sure he could have coached "the girl" to break the WR instead of the AR. BTW, "the girl" is Shelby Houlihan.

Maybe he could have coached Mo into a sub 12:37 and gotten the WR too.

Too bad BTC didn't see his insight and could have been celebrating WR instead of AR and CR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gwen was there to run with the group and show support.

But I think it is safe to say that she is NOT going to be the number 1 US 5000m runner soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Synthetic sounds like a coaching genius. Maybe Jerry should hire him. :)

I'm sure he could have coached "the girl" to break the WR instead of the AR. BTW, "the girl" is Shelby Houlihan.

Maybe he could have coached Mo into a sub 12:37 and gotten the WR too.

Too bad BTC didn't see his insight and could have been celebrating WR instead of AR and CR.

as she is paid by nike i think he has to have her run still is all I can think of . I am glad she is somewhat honest in her social media postings. But I guess she cursed herself from the beginning guaranteeing olympic gold
Quote Reply