Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Decidedly different virtual triathlon - looking to pitch to USA Triathlon, Cycling, Swimming, and Track & Field
Quote | Reply
I have an idea (and a platform) for a radically new virtual triathlon idea that might bring us some joy in these End Times. I'm looking for higher-ups on this forum from USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, USA Swimming, and USA Track & Field willing to sit through a Zoom call next week. I promise it will be entertaining, at minimum.

Do you remember PenguinMan? The virtual triathlon we attempted here at Slowtwitch way back in April turned into partnerships with British Rowing, DMSE Sports in Boston, USRowing, and the Invictus Games to put on virtual events. I'm having fun and it's time to build something new to keep us going.

Let me know if you know someone who knows someone. But I've said too much already.

-Jeff

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Decidedly different virtual triathlon - looking to pitch to USA Triathlon, Cycling, Swimming, and Track & Field [musselman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the swim - is your target age group swimmers or adults? If age group, then USA Swimming is what you want. If adult focused, then you really want US Masters Swimming.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Decidedly different virtual triathlon - looking to pitch to USA Triathlon, Cycling, Swimming, and Track & Field [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You make a good point. It would be suitable for both audiences.

Though I do have a different idea for USA Swimming and the age group swimmers. I'd like to talk to swim clubs who might be interested in doing something new.

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply