Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Prof Stadler's article on Medium re: our assumption that we have no immune response to COVID [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
He could actually send a letter to the editor of a scientific journal...But no, it's published in Medium. Wow, I'm impressed.

I'm not defending the content of the article, but Stadler's original was published in "World Week" (Swiss magazine with which I am not familiar). This is just a translation that someone decided to post on Medium.
Quote Reply
Re: Prof Stadler's article on Medium re: our assumption that we have no immune response to COVID [Vman455] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My argument wasn't against medium. My argument was against a scientist using a non scientific journal to argue that we're all freaking idiots and don't know what we're doing, while making broad unsubstantiated claims from a wet bench, disconnected from patients. So, not impressed either way.
I wish I were in Switzerland though. You're handling the pandemic a lot better than we are.
Quote Reply
Re: Prof Stadler's article on Medium re: our assumption that we have no immune response to COVID [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

Just a thought out of my ass, do they spend more time indoors in the summer in those parts of the country?

I don't think it's so much the heat, but rather the air circulation that's the issue.

Yup, waaayyy too hot in the south to do anything outside during the summer other than go to the beach or stay inside. TBH I think closing beaches was a huge mistake. The people who choose close proximity at the beach are the same ones who choose social settings and close proximity indoors. If you want to social distance at the beach it's not hard to do and it's better than hanging out indoors.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jul 13, 20 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Prof Stadler's article on Medium re: our assumption that we have no immune response to COVID [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
j p o wrote:
One of the main thrusts is that this is like a cold virus, this will go away in the Summer. I assume that it just hasn't gotten hot enough in FL, TX, AZ, and CA.

There very well could be more immunity than we think, that is the sort of thing we learn after years of study. But we had to assume there was not at the beginning.

Anyway, after his book, Es gibt keine menschlichen Gene. Mythen und Fakten ĂƒÂ¼ber Gentechnologie. I could never take the guy seriously.

Just a thought out of my ass, do they spend more time indoors in the summer in those parts of the country?

I don't think it's so much the heat, but rather the air circulation that's the issue.

If that is the argument then you definitely don't want to start on the west coast and work across the northern border. You won't see good news on the daily case tracker until you hit New York. WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, MI, OH, PA (throw in WI, IN, and IL for good measure) all have cases increasing starting around mid-June. Summer ain't fixing this. Heat, AC, gardening or cold beer in the backyard, whatever the theory, it isn't working.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next