Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rouvy - can't connect
Quote | Reply
What I am doing wrong?

Can't connect to Rouvy to my Tacx Neo. All it does is spin, trying to connect

- MircoSoft SurfacePro (I use this with Zwift, no issues. Have the USB ANT+ Antenna that I purchased thru Tacx)
- Chromebook. Nothing, just spins
- Galaxy Tab S4 tablet. Nothing, just spins

For the SurfacePro and Chromebook, I have tried both the USB ANT+ Antenna and a BLE USB Dongle 4.0 A adapter

The only device i can get it to work on is my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G phone

Does it not play well with Windows/Android based devices? Are IPads better?
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy - can't connect [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it with my macbook (with a kickr) and don't have any problems.
I can try it later on my iPad just to see if it connects.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy - can't connect [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the Chrome Book and MS Surface blue tooth, but Rouvy can not see the native blue tooth that is built into my Alienware Area 51 running Windows. It sees it as an option but nothing will connect. I had to install a BlueGiga adapter. Once that was installed and configured to be the default blue tooth adapter Rouvy saw all my BT devices.

If you go Saris' web site (they used to own Virtual Training/Rouvy) you will see the adapter for sale and a statement that it is required to connect BT to Rouvy. https://www.saris.com/.../bluegiga-usb-dongle

I don't believe that is your only choice. I have heard that there are several after market BT adapters that will work.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy - can't connect [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is interesting, it seems that it is a windows thing, I just connected it to my iPad without any issues.
But I'm guessing the bluetooth adapter is cheaper then buying a iPad.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy - can't connect [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to run it on a MacBook with windows using the internal Bluetooth antenna. But I was required to reconnect the adapter every time. Now that they have MacOS, I don’t need to switch over. Never had an issue on my Samsung Android with both the inbuilt Bluetooth or ant antennas, but haven’t tried a chrome book or surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy - can't connect [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
I don't know about the Chrome Book and MS Surface blue tooth, but Rouvy can not see the native blue tooth that is built into my Alienware Area 51 running Windows. It sees it as an option but nothing will connect. I had to install a BlueGiga adapter. Once that was installed and configured to be the default blue tooth adapter Rouvy saw all my BT devices.

If you go Saris' web site (they used to own Virtual Training/Rouvy) you will see the adapter for sale and a statement that it is required to connect BT to Rouvy. https://www.saris.com/.../bluegiga-usb-dongle

I don't believe that is your only choice. I have heard that there are several after market BT adapters that will work.
Thanks.

I will order this adapter and see how it goes.
Quote Reply