Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Durability of Wahoo Kickr 2018
Quote | Reply
I'm on my third Kickr now. The first two developed grinding/scraping noises after around 130 hours of use. I know there was a manufacturing defect, but that should have been resolved in the second one I got.

Has anyone used one for hundreds of hours without problems? Any tips on making it last longer? Wahoo has been great with customer service and replacing them, but it's still not ideal. The belt is exposed, so I'm wondering if sweat gets on it over time and works its way into the internals. Anyone switch from the Kickr to Neo and have a better experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of Wahoo Kickr 2018 [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
I'm on my third Kickr now. The first two developed grinding/scraping noises after around 130 hours of use. I know there was a manufacturing defect, but that should have been resolved in the second one I got.

Has anyone used one for hundreds of hours without problems? Any tips on making it last longer? Wahoo has been great with customer service and replacing them, but it's still not ideal. The belt is exposed, so I'm wondering if sweat gets on it over time and works its way into the internals. Anyone switch from the Kickr to Neo and have a better experience?

I had a 2018 model as well and it died in March, so it last 18 months. They replaced it without asking any questions after I gave them the serial number
New one seems to be ticking along just fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the grinding noise coming from?

My wife and I have at least 400 hours on a 2016. Had to replace a belt that exploded once and check tension every now and again.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of Wahoo Kickr 2018 [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still using the kickr i bought in 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of Wahoo Kickr 2018 [vtanzi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2014 no issues... but if I do upgrade at some point... it's good to know to avoid the 2018.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is making grinding/scraping noises, but only at low speeds, and oddly it stops after it warms up. 2018 model.

I should call for another one to have it replaced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2016 Kickr for me and have never done any maintenance to it at all, still works great.
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of Wahoo Kickr 2018 [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we are on our third 2018 Kickr. to their credit they have replaced the first two that had the well documented issues, that process was not bad considering the size of the device. That being said I think I am done w/ kickr if/when this one ever dies out.. will be time to try another brand
Quote Reply