Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dimond Marquise Used
Quote | Reply
I am able to buy a used 2017 Dimond marquise with Ultegra di2 or a 2016 Cervelo p5 six Dura di2 for ~ 4500. Both are in good shape. What are your opinions on these deals, and would you steer me away from either? I looked at some aero data, and they seem pretty similar.

My budget is 4500, so if anyone has suggestions outside of these two, they’d be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise Used [Driva77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one fits you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have owned a Dimond Brilliant, Marquise and now a Mogul and unless another brand really takes my fancy I won't be swayed away from Dimonds. I wish I could bottle the first ride on a Dimond as the first thing you notice is having no rear stays the the dampening it does to your ride and I was looking for rough road to ride over. I have ridden the Pyrenees HC climbs including the Tourmalet and handles fine descending as well. Small things like the inbuilt bento and tool compartment on the Marquise is a sweet thing to have. TJ and Eric at Dimond are great to deal with and I like the fact especially now days I am supporting a small company rather than a giant company probably manufacturing in China.

I've never owned or ridden a Cervelo but a great bike that will get talked up I am sure but I am firmly in the Dimond camp...
Last edited by: Shambolic: Jul 8, 20 19:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Driva77 wrote:
I am able to buy a used 2017 Dimond marquise with Ultegra di2 or a 2016 Cervelo p5 six Dura di2 for ~ 4500. Both are in good shape. What are your opinions on these deals, and would you steer me away from either? I looked at some aero data, and they seem pretty similar.

My budget is 4500, so if anyone has suggestions outside of these two, they’d be much appreciated.

I have to imagine you have all of the leverage in the world. You should be able to talk down either seller.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise Used [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are the Dimond frames manufactured?
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise Used [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Where are the Dimond frames manufactured?

Des Moines, IA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a Dimond homer. Assuming both fit, the defining characteristic of the Marquise is it’s storage for Ironman racing, which is best in class. Other than that, they are both nice and very fast bikes.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think both bikes are great, but for 4500 you might be able to build something new?

So for example, a QR PRfive frameset with a TriRig Alpha one bar, triRig brake calipers, Ultegra, some budget wheels, not too far off your budget?

Like this one:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._vs._PRsix_P6811644/
Quote Reply