Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr issue
Quote | Reply
Good day,

I have a Kickr (2016 model) that hasn't seen a lot of use as I actually prefer the feel of my old Lemond.

Anyway, it seems to have a resistance issue after around 30 minutes or so of riding (despite doing a spindown pre-ride). Typically it occurs after an uphill piece on zwift, it's like the resistance doesn't reset. So I am able to push 500 - 800 watts real easily (which is way past what I can do obviously). Does make it easy to pick up the jerseys but that's not really the point.

I've also noticed that the power drops out momentarily maybe once every ten minutes on average? Not helpful for zwift races...

Have tried spindown and the factory spindown to no avail (factory spindown stated there's a braking issue).

Pretty sure it's an issue with the Kickr rather than zwift or my laptop, as I've also tried it with a power meter which shows that I'm still pushing "normal" (for me) watts, but I'm now able to do so in the biggest gear uphill.

I have asked Wahoo for a solution, they suggested a protocol for unpairing etc etc tho this didn't work sadly. Just wondering if any other folks have a similar issue or whether I now have a new boat anchor.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr issue [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Kickr Core bit no issues but also relatively new. If you don't get any ideas here try the Kickr owners group on Facebook. Have you tried RGT or Roivy or soemthing else to truly eliminate zwift as the cause?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr issue [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will check out the faffbook group - haven't tried any other platform but will do. Thanks for the suggestions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure anytime!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was having similar dropout issues until I bought a usb extension cord to put the ANT dongle within a foot or so of the Kickr. Having the dongle in my laptop which was immediately ahead of my bars was too far for consistent performance.
Quote Reply