Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar Vantage M and pool swimming
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up a second hand Polar Vantage M. I am coming from a Garmin 735xt. With my first pool swim with the Vantage M, all I did was freestyle and it counted my distance correctly, and broke up the sets as "swimming phases" in Polar Flow. But when my workout was imported into my main software (Sporttracks) it just shows as one big swim and doesn't show the sets. Do I need to be pressing the lap button at the start and end of every set? Garmin just kind of handled that on its own. Also, is there a "drill mode" that you can put the Vantage M into if you do kick sets etc?? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar Vantage M and pool swimming [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The vantage doesn't have a drill mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got one recently too and haven't had time to figure out all of the technicalities of it. Wayne from Polar frequents slowtwitch and is a fantastic resource for the brand. If you have any specific questions you can PM him and I am sure he will be glad to help. Polar make a great product, and his support is outstanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing with data transfer to trainingpeaks. It's a bit unfortunate because the auto lap/rest tracking is actually very good, and there is even some decent heart rate data that comes from the wrist while swimming, but unless you use polar flow, the data is kind of worthless. Big fan of my vantage V except for the data output.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply