Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift
Quote | Reply
I know this is not a technical support forum but I would like see if someone had any issues like that before contacting Elite costumer service.

Last week during a big thunderstorm we had a lightning strike last than a mile from my home. I had to replace some circuit breakers, some minor things got fried but no big deal.

Next day when turning on my Trainer ( Elite Direto ) no lights....dead - I've left it plugged to the power ( something I never do ) . End up the power source got fried as well...found a similar one at home and it turned on ok, Zwift was able to recognized and connect it but there was no watts or cadence output. Looking at the power source I realized the one I was using had I different Amp spec so I figure out that was the issue, order a new one hopping everything would be ok.

Well.... it was not!

When I tried to used the new one, same issue ( picture attached ) Everything is connected but there is no output. I wondered if maybe I had an ANT sensor problem so I tried to run at Zwift and it was working fine with the cadence sensor. Also Zwift is reading HR sensor fine.

So I guess the only thing I can think of is maybe the Mother board or any electronic component at the trainer got fried as well maybe a circuit brake?

Let me know if someone had anything similar happened to you. Not really in the mood to call another customer service...so if it's something I can fix it would be great
Last edited by: FaKaspar: Jul 6, 20 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite common for the motherboard to have problems. Do a full delete and reinstall if zwift. Then try to run the trainer under myetraining app and run through the levels. Then run zwift and see if it works.

Remove the cover for the motherboard and take a video of the stepper motor. It should reset itself and.move whenever it powers up. If it doesn't then send the vid to elite and they'll send you a new board.
Last edited by: carlosflanders: Jul 6, 20 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:

Remove the cover for the motherboard and take a video of the stepper motor. It should reset itself and.move whenever it powers up. If it doesn't then send the vid to elite and they'll send you a new board.

Thank you Carlos! I will try that

not sure what you mean by take a video of the stepper motor tho
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stepper motor moves the magnets. Magnets overlap with the Al disk on the flywheel. Degree of overlap and speed of flywheel controls resistance. If you take off the covers you can see that.
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:
Stepper motor moves the magnets. Magnets overlap with the Al disk on the flywheel. Degree of overlap and speed of flywheel controls resistance. If you take off the covers you can see that.
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are on Facebook there is an Elite Direto group on there that is very supportive. In fact Elite monitors the group and is very helpful not to mention the other users who give feedback and post all the time. I suggest you try it.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, I will definitely try that too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great and good luck!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Help - Elite Direto no watts/cadence output at Zwift [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I know there is a similar post but decide to use the one I've started a while ago since I`m losing hope.

After some time talking with customer service and checking power source and configurations they end up sending a new mother board from Italy.

I've replaced it and tried again and the problem persist. Got some new ANT dongle ( thinking it might be the problem ) but same outcome. I can't get the app to recognize the connecting and calibrate it.

It's been over four months and I have been super busy and when I had some spare time I just rode outside and completely forgot about it.

As it's getting cold again I really miss my smart trainer.

Did anyone had any similar experience? Could you get it fixed?

I was thinking about getting a Wahoo but don't want to spend more money yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check communication with myetraining app on both computer and smartphone.

Does the stepper motor reset itself when you turn the direto on?

These will tell you if the problem is with the direto, pc, dongle or zwift itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Carlos

Is it a direto App as well for PC? I was not aware of it. I've only tried on my iphone!
Will try that! thx
Quote Reply