Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: bike computer that let's wife track me [mtrichick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtrichick wrote:
I see that you said you dont have cell service - and like others have said you might be SOL unless you get one of the Spot devices that works more with satellite than cell towers.

FYI - I imagine most people carry their phones when riding. RoadID has an app - you can set it for your anticipated length (time) of ride. It has you enter a contact, and if the app senses you have stopped moving for a certain amount of time (adjustable, but mine is set for 5 min) - it sends a SOS/text to that contact letting them know. They can also track you to see where you are. Even though I share my location (find my friends) - it gives a nice sense of security that if I were to have an incident he'd be notified sooner by using this app than if he had decided to check in on me. Plus it doesnt burn the phone battery that much.

Does using the Garmin live track kill your device battery (I've never tried it)?

I used to use the RoadID app. I retested it recently, and found that it doesn't seem to be able to access the location info on my phone (samsung note9) any longer. I'm in Texas and it defaulted to somewhere in Ohio (I think)....and never updated. A quick look on the Andriod app store shows a large volume of recent reviews all complaining about the same thing for about the last year. There were some comments early on from RoadID, saying "they are working on it." But, they seem to have gone dark.
Quote Reply
Re: bike computer that let's wife track me [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife tracks my I phone the app find my location
Quote Reply

Prev Next