Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Turn on synchro shift in Ultegra r8050 di2
Quote | Reply
I just picked up my 2019 Felt DA10 with ultegra r8050. It's the one button shift and seems to be in manual mode. The pursuit end bars only change the front derailer, left goes up to 52 and right to the 36 ring. The handle bars only change the rear cassette.

So do I need to bring it back to the shop to activate synchro shift ?? Or is there an app or something I can download to PC and just get this to work right away. I scanned through YouTube And shimanos website but couldnt find anything on this. If someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks and sorry for the noob question.
Last edited by: talegater: Jul 5, 20 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Turn on synchro shift in Ultegra r8050 di2 [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find your junction box and double click the button. Each double click changes the shifting mode from manual, to full synchro, to semi synchro.

If that doesn’t work, then it’s a programming issue. You can do it yourself with the free eTube project program, but you’ll need to buy the link cable to connect your junction box to a computer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am new to Di2 too. Just curious what's the pros/cons of having double button vs single button shifters on the hood.
Quote Reply
Re: Turn on synchro shift in Ultegra r8050 di2 [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There arent really any cons to two-button setup, you Can program the buttons How you like.
In full syncro, it automatically shifts the chainring for you, which is nice, But you dont really control which chainring you’re in and it’s a little slower if you need a Big jump in gears, say you’re going downhill and hit a steep Hill and want to go from Big to small ring a the same point on the cassette, it’s not possible with one touch. With the Bluetooth Unit connected to your head Unit, it Will tell you that a chain ring shift is up next.
Semi-syncro adjusts the RD for you when shifting the chainring.
You Can have 2 different shifting pattern for full syncro saved instead of the semi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above about switching between modes with the button on the Junction A. But, there is one more change you might want to make...

Shifting the FD from the pursuit bars is unconventional. Typically, you would have your pursuit bars setup to shift the RD, because that is the position you do most of your shifting. I have a Felt IA with Di2, and I have my bike setup so that both the pursuit buttons and the brake buttons only shift the RD. And, I only run my bike in full Synchro. That way, I can always shift the RD no matter what my position.
Quote Reply