Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breckenridge - easy mtb trails?
Quote | Reply
My gf and I will be heading to Breckenridge in a few weeks to hang out for the weekend. She will have a mtb and I will have my cx bike. Neither one of us are experienced mountain bikers at all, but certainly can hold our own on the road. We want to do some “light” mountain biking, but don’t want to do any expert trails, etc.

Suggestions for tame trails/single track/gravel roads?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Breckenridge - easy mtb trails? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boreas Pass Road comes to mind. Sallie Barber Road to Mountain Pride Trail would get you to Boreas Pass from town too for a bit more scenic loop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The simple ride is the bike path down to Frisco, and extension to Copper. If you get tired, you can always take the free bus home.

Boreas pass road is a dirt road, shared with an occasional car, that could be done on a cross bike. Views at the top. Excellent option.

You can go up French Gulch Road and {maybe} Sallie Barber Mine. I think you can go past a few homes at the end of the road into a forest road. Stay on the dirt and keep pedaling.

And I think you can follow Tiger Road past the golf course, and it turns into seasonal forest road that might be acceptable.

For nice evening views you can ride up Peak 9 at sunset. There is an access road at the Beaver Run resort - you go past the stables.

Based on your description, I would caution on anything other than the green easy trails around Breck.
Quote Reply
Re: Breckenridge - easy mtb trails? [Slick_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

We're definitely doing Boreas Pass on Saturday. I think we're going to start in Breck and head to Como and then back. Looks to be around a 30 mile ride with 3k climbing.

We may head out Sunday, too, and all the other route suggestions look good! Thanks!

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Thanks!

We're definitely doing Boreas Pass on Saturday. I think we're going to start in Breck and head to Como and then back. Looks to be around a 30 mile ride with 3k climbing.

We may head out Sunday, too, and all the other route suggestions look good! Thanks!

I was going to suggest going over to como.

If you haven’t been to the area before, the bike path to Frisco then to copper mtn then up vail pass is nice. Not at all technical as it’s all paved but is an interesting ride.
Quote Reply