Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Penumbral lunar eclipse tonight
Quote | Reply
I didn't even know that penumbral eclipses were a thing until a local weather guy mentioned it yesterday. It starts at 8:51, max at 9:29, and ends at 10:52 in Spokane. We have clear skies, so I'm going to check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Penumbral lunar eclipse tonight [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve got spotty clouds so could be hit or miss. Older kids are trying to stay awake to see it. Should only be another 20 minutes or so. Fingers crossed we see something!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Penumbral lunar eclipse tonight [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a clear sky in Cheyenne WY at the moment and some websites are saying that the full eclipse should be close to its maximum, but I can't see anything different. It looks brighter than normal, almost like a halo around it. But I don't see any eclipse.
Quote Reply
Re: Penumbral lunar eclipse tonight [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
There is a clear sky in Cheyenne WY at the moment and some websites are saying that the full eclipse should be close to its maximum, but I can't see anything different. It looks brighter than normal, almost like a halo around it. But I don't see any eclipse.

The halo is the eclipse
Quote Reply
Re: Penumbral lunar eclipse tonight [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

The halo is the eclipse

I wondered if that was the case. I looked online and it didn't explain it in the few articles that I saw. I can't fully see the outline of the moon because of the halo/glare.
Quote Reply