Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Supply Chain
Quote | Reply
Can anybody speak knowledgeably about the condition of the bike supply chain. I was in the LBS this week and they said current model year stuff is still trickling in but they are already looking to the next model year in a few month. I'm assuming current year production has been done for a while. Are next year's quantities set or are they being ramped to replace diminished current inventory. Probably going to buy a high end road bike in the next year and just wondering what the market will look like. How long are bikes going to be in short supply?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Supply Chain [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work in a service area ,bikes and parts supply is thin and slow.
Next years models will be released much sooner, this years models are about gone except for the high end stuff and that is also very limited.
One problem for the bike company’s is getting parts for builds from Shimano and SRAM that is limited as well since most factories were shut down for a couple of months.
We can’t get many of the basic stuff tires, tubes, drive train etc.
With the supply side way behind and the huge surge of bike sales and repairs we have to wait, maybe a month or so before the supply flow gets back on track.
Here is another example of the flow, I order shimano parts and most comes out of Charleston in a normal situation I get them in 3 days.Now it has become 2 weeks the reason is more staff Issue than parts.
Tires & tubes for kids bikes , hybrids , 26” wheels forget about none for a month or so.
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Jul 3, 20 10:59
Quote Reply