Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others
Quote | Reply
In the last 2-3 weeks Wahoo won’t post to Strava, Ride by GPS and Final Surge. I checked the settings and all look right (each app including Wahoo).

Any suggestions, other than buy a new bike.

Thanks.
Last edited by: Tri-Bum: Jul 3, 20 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had to unpair and repair my ELEMNT completely to get it to force a sync using the app, Auto WiFi sync hasn't been working consistently in a few months.

I noticed there has been a wave of firmware updates available, but after each one it seems I have to re-do this process of completely forgetting and re-adding the ELEMNT to get the ride to push over. I'm hoping they've ironed it out, but in the short term, give this a try.

(Also, restarting both the ELEMENT and the App a few times sometimes does the trick. Pain in the ass... but it works eventually)

Clubs/Affiliations: The Rippers / Charles River Wheelers / Cambridge Sports Union
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fix: deauthorize and then reauthorize those apps. That works every time for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adoucett wrote:
I have had to unpair and repair my ELEMNT completely to get it to force a sync using the app, Auto WiFi sync hasn't been working consistently in a few months...
(Also, restarting both the ELEMENT and the App a few times sometimes does the trick. Pain in the ass... but it works eventually)

This has been my (frustrating) experience as well for about the past two months or so. Also tried de/re-authourizing apps with inconsistent success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your wifi router using channel 11 (or 10)? Or, does it auto select a channel? You should be mindful of this:

https://support.wahoofitness.com/...NT-BOLT-ROAM-to-WiFi

Quote:
ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM only connect to WiFi channels 1 - 9. Though most WiFi routers will auto-select a channel from 1 - 9, on some routers, particularly those in the UK and EU, it's possible for the channel to be set outside this range manually. Please check your router settings following manufacturer instructions.

Channels 1/6/11 are commonly used in the US because they're non-overlapping.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [jonmhicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wahoo bolt is doing same/similar. Also not updating starred segments on Strava. Always tells me it needs an update, always fails when I tell it to update. Have just started using my Garmin more often.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been seeing the same thing but I can force it to upload by going into the ride history on the app.

Wahoo really went from “it just works” to “it usually doesn’t work” in the time I’ve had my bolt over the past 2-3 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so glad it wasn't just me.

I went through a lengthy unpair/repair process just to get it to see my phone again, and to update properly, did a factory reset at one point.

I think there is some current firmware bugginess involved.

Full on unpair/forget phone, forget device, re-pair seems to have helped with connection to the phone and my bluetooth strap, and it uploads tests again ( though i still have to hit retry on strava export in the app, it was further than I was getting before where it wouldn't even transfer to my phone )

More testing once I can ride outside again, as I am injured atm.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimbikejon wrote:

Wahoo really went from “it just works” to “it usually doesn’t work” in the time I’ve had my bolt over the past 2-3 years.

x2. There was one companion app update that really took things downhill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a reply back from Wahoo that mirrored the advice here - reconnect the phone. They also said Strava, Ride by GPS, etc. are doing upgrades and that could cause the issue.

So:
- Unpaired the phone
- Deleted the app
- turned both (Phone, APP) off again
- went through the pairing
- it showed Strava, Ride on the ELEMNT they were connected
It worked and I got one ride to post, but had to push it. Then nothing.
- deleted Strava link and Ride link, restarted both, relinked, ELEMNT showed connected, nothing.

Last night, wiped the ELEMNT, deleted the APP (again). Will update after my ride today.

Any other thoughts? Is it time to update the ELEMNT To ROAM/Garmin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
Last night, wiped the ELEMNT, deleted the APP (again). Will update after my ride today.

Any other thoughts? Is it time to update the ELEMNT To ROAM/Garmin?

I've done all of that with same result, been reluctant to do a complete wipe, so please post your outcome if you go through with it. I just switched to using my Garmins full time, then we had the ransomware attack. Sigh. I'll also say that the Garmin 530 is pretty much useless for KOM hunting, it is much worse at predicting your remaining time and also knowing exactly where a segment ends compared to Wahoo.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any issues with rides uploading to Strava, Ride with GPS and Apple Health but this has happened:

Quote:
Always tells me it needs an update, always fails when I tell it to update

It stalls out whenever I select the update function in the companion app. I have found a workaround, however, that works every time. On the Element itself navigate to the System Info menu and then select Update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just unauthorize those apps and then reauthorize them. Works for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW: iOS 13.6 has very buggy Bluetooth. I've had issues with the companion app not staying connected to my Bolt. Shutting off BT and turning it back on has been an easy fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt connection to Strava, others [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried repeatedly, without success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wiped it and started over.

2 rides in and both connected to Strava, Ride by GPS, etc. it won’t pick up my cadence Bluetooth, (Ticker X) but reads all others fine.

Will do two long ones this weekend and see if it still works.
Quote Reply